S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Bug/rock protection

Old 07-04-2001, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just take my advise on this one. I was using a car bar for a couple days and it made 2 lovely black marks running across the hood @the top of the bra. It doesn't flap at all, and i am going to use it on my trip cross-country, but put something uner it like a hand towel or something. YOU DO NOT WANT these marks I got. Oops, i got distracted from cleaning them off, brb. Plus dirt does get caught and can scrath if you leave it there for a week or two. I think I am going to have to end up repainting the hood. Use a bra with caution plz.
Old 07-05-2001, 12:46 AM

Do u think if u put a cloth underneath the edges, it'll prevent it from scratching or getting dust inside? I am assuming so since your gonna leave it on for your trip.

At this point, im gonna hold off on it now
I cant make up my mind!
Old 07-06-2001, 08:28 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2oooboy
[B]Do u think if u put a cloth underneath the edges, it'll prevent it from scratching or getting dust inside?
Old 07-06-2001, 09:14 AM

And u didnt notice any scratching? I think thats what im worried abuot the most, the fine scratches you might get. I guess its possible to power polish it out, depending on the depth of the scratches. I just cant stand swirl marks, if u know hwat i mean. Its probably harder to see it on white though.
Old 07-07-2001, 12:06 PM

S2000Boy,
I've only been using the colgan bra for about a month. My S2000 is red. Your black is a tough color to maintain. I just ended my lease on my black 98 mitsu eclipse spyder. It sure looked great at night, however the front end was PEPPERED after 3yrs of highway driving and no bra. That's why I decided to buy the Colgan for the S2000. I'm willing to take on possible light scratches instead of full blown rock chips from highway driving.

I have been using the colonite insulator wax just on the front end. It is synthetic and does not contain carnauba. I'd describe it more as a paint sealant. It is really easy to put on and take off, so I'm more likely to do it frequently. I haven't seen any wax perform better as far as repelling water and dust from the nose that takes such a beating. I've been using Zymol Carbon on the rest of my car, but looking for something better. I'm told it is good for the paint, but it doesn't seem to last very long. I've found Zymol carbon to be just WICKED to take off.

I'm thinking of ordering some of Griot's Garage products. A neighbor of mine speaks the world of their products: Speedshine, Clay bar, & their "best of show" carnauba wax.

Old 07-07-2001, 12:20 PM

I guess your right. Id rather have the swirls any day instead of rock chips.

But, whats that thing about Forrest2b having lines on the pain where the car bra ends? Does anyone else had this same problem?

Bang, do u know if u HAVE swirl marks right now? Im just wondering how bad it is. You should also try P21S lotion and wax....its SUPER easy to put on and take off....unfortunately, it can be pretty expensive, I think. Over here in Canada anyways.

Whats the most expensive wax and polish out there anyways?
maybe thats a new thread....
Old 07-07-2001, 03:52 PM

My marks came from some light water on the bra stiching and the sun baking in the bra to the hood. I am going to put a nice cloth between it and the car (but only for the hood part) the main part of the bra is fine, no problems, no scratches, nada. Just make sure u have a good coat of wax on and LET THE WAX SIT in the sun for at least an hour after its applied before you put the bra on. Don't put the car on a wet surface. Its in the instruction guide, so read it again! hehe. Hrmmm, now that I thik about it, I don't really need the hood part.
Old 07-07-2001, 11:08 PM

Thanks Forrest2b. You know how u said u dont have any swirl marks on the bottom portion of the car bra? Does that mean its pretty much sealed tight and very little or no dust/sand particles can get inside the lower portion of the bra?

Why would u let the wax sit outside in the sun for at least an hour after you've put it on? Maybe im missing something here because doesnt heat prevent the wax from hardening? Like I mean, the only time i put a fresh coat of wax outside is when the wax is uneven. I let it sit outside so it 'melts' and then smooth it out again in the shade of my garage.

I think im buying the car bra now
Thanks guys.

PS, the discount code is S2Ki?
Old 07-08-2001, 06:45 PM

Its a tight seal, no dust or other crap can get past the top 1inch of the bra, especially on it's 1st couple of fits. After you wax, let it sit completely for a while (shade, sun, no biggy unless its 80 or higher outside) then let it sit in the sun for 5min before you put the bra on. U'll hate yourself if the water hasn't dried or the wax still has some residue not wiped off. Best of luck w/the bra. Just wax like mad! (Even w/o a bra)
Old 07-08-2001, 06:46 PM

Originally posted by s2oooboy

PS, the discount code is S2Ki?
u got it!