S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Blackfire SRC Finishing Polish

Old 05-05-2007, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up mine from properautocare.com

BTW, this stuff works GREAT and definitely lives up to the hype. I've never used a product that has such good cutting ability and leaves behind a flawless finish like this
Old 05-05-2007, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tried using this stuff on my wife last night.

Nope, didn't work. I guess it's not thaaaat good.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ajserrano,May 6 2007, 01:34 AM
Tried using this stuff on my wife last night.

Nope, didn't work. I guess it's not thaaaat good.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:04 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

I love the 106FF, and just used it yesterday on the S. Out of all the polishes I have tried in my day, nothing leaves a wetter finish than the 106FF. It's strong cutting ability has help saved a few steps on some other cars that I have detailed as well....and on the soft Honda clear, it works wonders.

kctheflish: How do you like the new Blackfire combo? You are using the "fire and ice" combo correct? I have some of the sealant, and have been satisfied with it's looks....but not it's durability. Maybe the carnuba topper will help in that aspect...
Old 05-07-2007, 05:37 AM

I also have Menzerna PO85RD. It finishes out the same as 106FF but has half the cutting power. So, I use it when I don't need much cutting power. I hate taking off more paint than necessary, but the 106FF finishes out so nicely it was always tempting to use it over another less abrasive polish, but now I've got that problem solved.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:46 AM
Former Moderator

I've been using the Blackfire SRC and Menzerna PO85rd combo for a month now. It works awesome with wool too.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k,May 7 2007, 07:04 AM
I love the 106FF, and just used it yesterday on the S. Out of all the polishes I have tried in my day, nothing leaves a wetter finish than the 106FF. It's strong cutting ability has help saved a few steps on some other cars that I have detailed as well....and on the soft Honda clear, it works wonders.

kctheflish: How do you like the new Blackfire combo? You are using the "fire and ice" combo correct? I have some of the sealant, and have been satisfied with it's looks....but not it's durability. Maybe the carnuba topper will help in that aspect...
I've been using the combo for a couple of months now and still find it to be an excellent set up. The car stays garaged so I can't really comment on durability.

I'm beginning to form an opinion that the overall finish is most greatly affected by the polish and if you use Menzerna on your "S" then you could apply darn near any type of wax or sealant and have a show car finish. If you need durability then find a wax or sealant that gives you that.

Concentrate the majority of your effort in that area and you'll be way ahead of everybody else....
Old 05-07-2007, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,May 7 2007, 09:46 AM
I've been using the Blackfire SRC and Menzerna PO85rd combo for a month now. It works awesome with wool too.
I got a bottle of PO85RD last week. I'm looking forward to seeing what it does to a few spots that need some attention. Hopefully it'll finish out as nice as the 106....
Old 05-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by kctheflish,May 7 2007, 01:06 PM

I'm beginning to form an opinion that the overall finish is most greatly affected by the polish
You must be young or new to this. I think that's been the opinion of good detailers and painters for decades.

95% of any shine I get is from the things I do before I apply any type of LSP. Only the general public thinks it is magical waxes that makes your car shine. If I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me what wax I use to get that shine.... well, let's just say i'd have a lot of dollars.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,May 7 2007, 02:35 PM
You must be young or new to this. I think that's been the opinion of good detailers and painters for decades.

95% of any shine I get is from the things I do before I apply any type of LSP. Only the general public thinks it is magical waxes that makes your car shine. If I had a dollar for everytime someone asked me what wax I use to get that shine.... well, let's just say i'd have a lot of dollars.
Oh yeah, young and new for sure.....I'll take that any day of the week.

Quick Reply: Blackfire SRC Finishing Polish