S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Best Leather Cleaner and Conditioner?

Old 06-23-2006, 04:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since this thread got brought back up let me give an update. I went with Zaino Z9 Cleaner and Zaino Z10 Leather in a bottle. I've been very happy with both products. Application is very easy and my favorite part is the smell. I'd definitely recommend this product if you're not ready to spend the big $$ on townsend.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since this thread got brought back up let me give an update. I went with Zaino Z9 Cleaner and Zaino Z10 Leather in a bottle. I've been very happy with both products. Application is very easy and my favorite part is the smell. I'd definitely recommend this product if you're not ready to spend the big $$ on townsend.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put on Lexol today. Didn't smell anything, but it's definitely better than Meguires in the sense that it doesn't plug up the little holes in my seat. Meguires plugged up the holes and made the seats look really messed up.

Anyway, haven't tried Zaino or Townsend, so couldn't comment on that ...

On a side note, I checked out Townsend products' prices. They are ridiculous! I guess you get what you paid for eh?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:13 PM

I just tried Sonus yesterday. The cleaner worked alright but couldn't get rid of the tougher stains. I don't particularly like the smell. Smells like cleaner rather than "leather" like some of the other products that have been suggested. The conditioner seemed to have worked pretty well though. Softened up the leather a little bit. I think in terms of leather cleaning products, Leatherique is suppose to be real good. I think that's the stuff a lot of exotic car owners use but it's pretty expensive.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:42 PM

The thing I miss the most about my car since owning it is the smell of leather whenever I get inside. I occasionally smell my leather wallet I bought at Wal-Mart to remind me of how much I the smell.

My question to you guys (and hopefully Sean/2002S2K) is what brand works the best in restoring the smell of brand-new leather? I am looking for downright smell over treatment (but treatment is still a close second ) Is it Zaino? Is it Townsend? I'm currently using Blue Magic's cleaner and conditioner, and to me it almost smells just like Lexol. Was good at first, but it'll never replace genuine leather smell!
Old 11-28-2006, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by guardiase,Nov 28 2006, 07:42 PM
My question to you guys (and hopefully Sean/2002S2K) is what brand works the best in restoring the smell of brand-new leather? I am looking for downright smell over treatment (but treatment is still a close second )
Zaino hands down, smells more like leather than any other leather treatment I've used. I have a bottle of Z10 sitting in my living room right now. I usually treat the car and apply it liberally on the seats and the door panel inserts. I let it sit over night and then wipe the car down with a dry towel the next day. Smells lasts about 3 months before I feel the need to renew it.

Check out the product here. You might also look into their Leather Cleaner as well if you haven't conditioned your seats in a while.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:12 PM

I tried Zaino for the first time this weekend since my bottle of Townsend is empty. I was suprised how much I like the Zaino product. I expected there not to be a discernable difference.

I note 2 main distinctions between Zaino and Townsend. Zaino leaves the leather with a sleek, firmer surface while Townsend yields a softer, raw surface. At least for now, I prefer the Zaino effect.

Then there is the scent. Townsend has a nice clean scent that is not very strong and fades quickly. Zaino has a very strong pleasant scent. Some describe it as leather but it reminds me of the "new car" general smell more than specific to leather. Its only been applied for a few days so I have no idea how long it lasts.

Thumbs up for both. For the time being, I'll continue using Zaino.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:36 PM

anyone else use Poor Boy's leather stuff? I have been using it for a while with great results. It doesnt have a bad smell, just smells like leather. Leaves interior nice and clean, not oily or greasy.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by KWgpws2k,Nov 29 2006, 01:36 AM
anyone else use Poor Boy's leather stuff? I have been using it for a while with great results. It doesnt have a bad smell, just smells like leather. Leaves interior nice and clean, not oily or greasy.
I've used it in the past (in fact I'm selling the remainder of the bottle in my detailing garage sale - see the link in my signature). It's decent stuff. I like that it's a cleaner and conditioner in one. However, I found it left my leather a little more glossy than I like and kind of slippery.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:39 AM

I like the shiny look of mequire's gold class but it is sliperry. I use gold class and top it off with lexol to give it shine and a good rich texture. I do not find lexol offensive smelling.