S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Autoglym

Old 11-16-2006, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autoglym

I was wondering if any of you guys ever used Autoglym? I used to work in an automotive paint store and everyone knew I was such a freak about my cars so I always got the samples that were sent in from every company. One day I used the Autoglym Radiant Wax/Polish which is from the bodyshop line and I have never used anything that I loved as much as that stuff! I just detailed my S last weekend and spent about five or six hours on it and I gave it a coat of Autoglym and remembered why I love it so much! I have tried a LOT of stuff and this one just always stuck with me.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have not heard of it, Have any pictures to post up??
Old 11-16-2006, 07:03 PM

I have a few right after I detailed but the lighting wasn't the greatest and then it rained the next day! I will do it again this weekend and take some nice pics. Autoglym is from the UK and a lot of people here in the states haven't heard of it but they definitely need to. Great stuff and they have a huge line. I have only used the Radiant Wax/Polish and the Fine Cut compound.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:29 PM

I can't remember his screen name but there's one guy who posts here from time to time who's all about Autoglym. His avatar is an Asian man wearing an old leather helmut with goggles on it.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

autoglym's tar remover is one of my favs for bugs and tar-
Old 11-17-2006, 01:37 AM

AutoGlym is very popular over here in the UK

They sell it in almost all auto factors, along with turtle wax, amorall, carplan etcetc. The Meg NXT range has recently become more affordable /accessible and even more recently the Gold Class polish/wax kits has been stocked by these stores.

In the Uk people use it because it is easy to get hold of and reasonably cheap for the average Joe who polishes their car. I have seen some good results from people using it.

In the Uk their advertising campaign centres around Aston Martin - who (apparently) use it - People will usually say if it good enough for Aston then it is good enough for my Ford. Personally I think that this is 1 - 0 to the marketing men.

I used to use it exclusively but have since moved onto (amongst others) megs, poorboys, clearkote, werkstatt, P21S, Zaino & Klasse and for me these offer a better finish (subjective I know, more reflective, more clarity, more depth, longer lasting and a better application / removal process).

There are a few AutoGlym products that I still occasionally use - the Glass polish being one if them.

I am not saying AutoGlym is not good, it is, but there are IMO better products out there (mostly from the US)

One example is the Intensive polish that for me dusts far, far too much even when applying different application processes.

The Gloss Protection stuff is not bad though.

However I have recently dumped all my AutoGlym stuff from my supplies onto a mate who appreciates getting it for free.

These are all from the their consumer branded stuff I have little / no knowledge of their paintshop/ bodyshop lines.

Ade73 (or something similar uses it exclusively) He is based in the Uk.

I also have it from AutoGlym that some of their consumer line is the same stuff with different labels. Make that 2 - 0 to the marketing men!

A slightly negative post - it is not actually intedned to be as such just some of my feelings. Certainly no purchase justification going on as I will use a product if it is good for me (eg AutoGlym's glass polish).

Rob
Old 11-17-2006, 04:11 AM

I do know that the bodyshop line is a little different because none of the products contain silione and I think a few of their retail ones do. Anyways, I have always loved it but you've got me curious to use something else. I definitely want some p21s wax and I have heard great things about Zaino and Klasse products. The rest of my clean up products are still Meguiars and I have always loved it, again not the retail line though.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:51 AM

I really like the Autglym poducts, they go on and come off easily and the coat seems to last longer than Meguirs.