S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Autogeek discount codes for July 4th weekend

Old 06-28-2006, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Autogeek discount codes for July 4th weekend

I got an email from Autogeek.net. Thought you guys'd find this useful!

__________________________________________________ ________________

Happy 4th of July! Have a safe and fun holiday weekend from all of us at the AutoGeek!

10% Discount Coupon valid on AutoGeek.net and BikeDepot.net. COUPON CODE - TENFREEGIFT.

20% Discount Coupon valid on PinnacleWax.com, WolfgangCarCare.com. COUPON CODE - TWENTYFREEGIFT. Along with this 20% off discount coupon these 2 sites are offering FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $75.00.

ALL ORDERS OVER $75.00 USING THE ABOVE COUPONS WILL RECEIVE A FREE GIFT PERSONALLY SELECTED BY MAX!

All coupons expire midnight 7/05/06.
Restrictions apply: *Can not be used in conjunction with other discount offers. *Coupon not valid on garage floor covering or buffers. *Not applicable on previously placed orders.
*Free shipping is valid on all orders shipped UPS Ground within the 48 Continental States.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

I got one too.

Too bad i ordered my stuff LAST WEEK... :-(

Sure could have used the coupon seeing how i just spent $140+

Old 06-28-2006, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by jasonjm,Jun 28 2006, 03:26 PM
I got one too.

Too bad i ordered my stuff LAST WEEK... :-(

Sure could have used the coupon seeing how i just spent $140+

You should call them and ask if they could credit you for the difference. They've seriously got excellent customer service. Answer is always no if you don't ask
Old 06-28-2006, 01:27 PM
bcs

So...all you W&W guru's.

I am in the process of getting an S soon, and I have been sort of lurking on the boards for the last year or so just reading stuff. I had planned on waiting until I actually got the S to buy a PC, but after seeing this I figured I would ask.

Is this a good deal for the PC w/accesories?

http://www.autogeek.net/xmtpocaswrek.html

Factoring in the 10% discount and free shipping, I'm just wondering if it would come out to a good deal. I know that I'd have to buy the pads and stuff seperatly, but if it comes in a kit like this it might be worth it.

It looks like there are 2 kits to choose from, the intermediate and the light.

I am big into detailing and I hope to join the ranks with you guys eventually.

Thanks.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd say you'd be better off buying the PC locally (lowe's or home depot often have them for $99-$119), buying a pad kit and a couple of polishes online. I'm fond of the Sonus DAS pads for beginners (and advanced use even - they're really versatile). That kit comes with a backing plate and bonnets (tho I never use the bonnets myself).

Then pick up 1-2 polishes for whatever level of polishing you need. Hopefully the dealer won't prep the car for you and you'll have minimal maintenance prep to deal with, so something no more aggressive than Sonus SFX2 polish, Optimum Polish, XMT #2 (haven't used the XMT polishes), Poorboys SSR2... in other words, a medium polish. Then pick up a glaze/light polish like SFX3, XMT glaze, SSR1, etc.

Seal the deal with some Klasse AIO (10oz is plenty) as a base for whatever wax or sealant you want to use.

That's my humble opinion.

oh, and if you order before the end of the month (from autopia-carcare.com), you can use the discount code Autopia-s2ki10 for 10% off. It's a code David at Autopia setup for our local s2ki wash & wax meet where I did a detailing seminar.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:45 PM

If you search this forum you'll find 100 other people asking a similar question about various kits. In the end, it always boils down to . . .

1. It's cheaper to buy your PC at Lowe's (model 7336SP) and then buy pads, backing plate, polishes, etc. on-line.

2. A lot of these kits come with things like bonnets or two finishing pads that most people don't use.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:03 PM
bcs

I don't want to get too far off topic, but thanks for the adivce. That's pretty much what I was concerned about. I didn't want to buy a kit that included a bunch of stuff that I really didn't need to get. I've seen the posts of the pads and stuff to buy, I just haven't written a list yet. Guess I'll have to do that and go shopping soon.

And anime...it'll be a used one that I am getting from a private party. The guy has taken pretty good care of it though.

Thanks again.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:49 PM

Is free shipping on orders over $75 only on Pinnacle and Wolfgang?
Old 07-06-2006, 01:10 PM

So, for anyone who bought $75+ over the weekend and got a free gift. What did you get?

What I ordered:
yellow edge 2k pad (the green and blue ones I bought previous didn't get all the swirls)
white edge 2k pad (just in case I ever want to apply wax by pc)
poorboys ssr 2.5 32 oz (this stuff worked great so getting the bigger size)
optimum no-rinse wash 32 oz (already got the dp one and wanted to compare)
pad brush
dp pad cleanser 16oz
poorboys wax blue

Got for free:
Poorboys polish 16oz =)

Looks like max was doing custom gift giving.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:33 PM

Which Poorboy's polish did you get? Was it the Pro Polish or one of the SSR polishes?

Quick Reply: Autogeek discount codes for July 4th weekend