S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Anybody use Meguiar's NXT yet?

Old 02-11-2004, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok... I've had the car out in the light... Here is my quick and dirty review. Keep in mind this is based on a completely initial observation. I bought the NXT carwash, NXT polish, and the NXT spray wax. I've only used the first two. The local folks at the S2000 meet thought the car looked great too.

The car wash is GREAT, nice suds, seems to do a good job cleaning.

Putting the product on is MUCH easier than Zaino. It goes on smoother and comes off easier. In about 15 minutes it was cured and ready to come off. Smells nice too, hehehe. I put on two coats, and did not do anything to 'remove' whatever Zaino was on my car.

I noticed that right now the finish seems more 'wet' than Zaino. It also seemed to take a little 'haze' or 'cloudiness' out of the finish. Bear in mind my car is NOT a daily driver, and has perfect paint. I have used Zaino Z5 on the car before but it didnt seem to clean the finish as well.

The paint is also very smooth to the touch.

So the verdict is, so far so good. I'm curious about the long-term durability versus Zaino. Its definately easier and cheaper than Zaino.

Keep in mind I'm in no way disparaging Zaino. I think that stuff is great, but I do think this stuff may be as good or maybe better. Only time will tell.

I am curious to know which kind of quick detailer or spray detailed is compatible with this stuff. I didn't see any on the Meguiar's site.

Oh, sorry no pics, I'm still no 100% from my knee injury to I'm trying to keep off it.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KeithD
Keep in mind I'm in no way disparaging Zaino.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:44 AM

NXT does not leave a white residue on trim...
Old 02-11-2004, 06:57 AM

Originally posted by KeithD
NXT does not leave a white residue on trim...

Thanks
Old 02-11-2004, 08:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KeithD
Old 02-12-2004, 04:42 AM

I did not strip the Zaino off... Only time will tell how long it lasts. Its very easy to put on though, so maybe thats the caveat for using this stuff.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:27 PM

Here's a review of NXT.

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=35

Don't forget to read the second page!
Old 02-15-2004, 10:41 PM

Just applied it this Sat and my Formula Red has never looked so sweet. It leaves a wet look and an optical mirror shine. Took a while to apply but easily wipe off and left a slippery finish. Mine did leave a chalkish residue which came right off w/ some rubbing. Will report on durability next week.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:05 AM

I have some experience with both Zaino z2/zfx and NXT. In recent Northern California rainstorms, I've found that Zaino is far more durable as evidenced by the amount of water beading after the storm. Both products look great initially. I estimate that Z2/ZFX is two to three times more expensive per application than NXT.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used Zaino and Just put NXT onto my Berlina today - I've been wanting to try it for some time to see if it really could take care of the nasty swirls in my berlina's coat. I have a flouresent light fixture in my garage which I can see all the swirl marks in my car when it is lit. Anyway I put on NXT and they aren't there anymore - excellent swirl removal...better than Z5 (my car has over 10 coats of Zaino under the NXT). Shine is good - comperable or better than Zaino...I cannot decide if the shine is really better of the fact that I can't see the swirls anymore MAKES the shine look better. I'll post pics tomorrow when I take them.

Quick Reply: Anybody use Meguiar's NXT yet?