S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Anybody use Meguiar's NXT yet?

Old 01-20-2004, 08:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they do make great products...
like stwok, i have their leather product- it is one of 3 different ones that i use. (i also use several other products of theirs, but have not yet tried the new line).
their leather product is nice cause you dont need a separate cleaner and preservative (which you do need with lexol and townsend).
and i also am a fan of p21s... just p21sed my car this past weekend!
Old 01-20-2004, 04:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting comments about switching from Medallion.

I already have the P21S in hand but like I said... the sled is up for the winter -
I also have, ready to use, 303 Protectant for the top and vinyl plus Lexol cleaner and conditioner for the interior leather. For years I've used Meguairs Final Inspection and still have a gallon on hand. It was and is great for touch ups inbetween thorough waxing.

But with all this I *never* did the polish thing. But even at my age I'm willing to learn. So I've been looking at other products:

-- The Klasse "twins" (All-In-One plus Sealant Glaze) are routinely touted with P21S as a "topper" as producing superb results. Either of you in this thread use Klasse with your P21S or do you just use the P21S wax?

-- For those that polish before sealing and waxing, what do you use? I'm especially interested in what you use if you also use Klasse and/or P21S. I have seen P21S Paintwork Cleaner recommended for use with Klasse.

================================================== =

Back on topic, Meguiar's NXT is categorized as a final step product (FSP) which is what I bought the P21S Concours wax for. Their tech who posts online at Autopia stated, if I understood things correctly, that he didn't see much advantage to a caranuba wax topper over the NXT, especially if it had been allowed to cure 12-24 hours. Another tester compared the results to using NXT with the Klasse "twins" with an edge, if any, maybe going to Klasse.

So although I find NXT intriguing, I'm wondering if I still wouldn't be better off with the Klasse acrylic teatment. Obviously since I haven't ordered either, I'm still undecided.

Any "puts" for an old plain 'n simple wash it and wax it guy here who is trying to upgrade his methods for better results? Polishing product? Klasse "twins" or NXT, either with a P21S topper?

--Bob
Old 01-20-2004, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

--Bob

How bout Zaino ?
Old 01-20-2004, 04:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ninegrand,

Nope. No Zaino for me. Can't really tell you why other than most I've seen with it look somewhat plastic-like rather than rich and lustrous like caranuba. Could have been how the products were used... dunno. I'm just disinclined to try the stuff.

Appreciate the thought and am certainly not trying to flame the product or those who swear by it. Lord knows it has legions of advocates -

--Bob
Old 01-20-2004, 04:51 PM

hehe, ok

No explanation needed, it would be a tad bit boring if we all liked the exact same thing
Old 01-22-2004, 11:43 PM

Wow, NXT looks very good in the video. Zaino did nothing to fill a sinlge hairline scratch on my 2800 mile Berlina, and I second that it has a plasticy look to it even on deep black.

Zaino is certainly more reflective than Meguir's wax, but my car doesn't seem to be as rich of a black anymore. It's splitting hairs, I know, but I not 100% happy with it (98% maybe )
Old 01-23-2004, 12:20 AM

NXT looks like it's available here:

http://autopia-carcare.com/polishing---waxing.html
Old 01-23-2004, 06:41 AM

Originally posted by flitcroft

Zaino is certainly more reflective than Meguir's wax, but my car doesn't seem to be as rich of a black anymore. It's splitting hairs, I know, but I not 100% happy with it (98% maybe )
Which Meguiar's? They make around 1/2 dozen car waxes.

According to the Guru's Report, The Wax Test, Meguiar's Medallion Paint Protection(it only lasted 3 weeks) was more reflective then Zaino. Medallion was rated higher then Gold Class too. P21S was rated the highest in all 7 categories which defined looks. Zaino lasted 6 months, which gave it higher total points over P21S.

P21S is simply the easiest wax to use and also gives killer looks.
The Zaino used in the Wax Test was the old Zaino. Zaino reformulated their product this past summer. To me, the new Zaino seems a little easier to remove with an improvement in shine and depth. I use Zaino on my black Honda Accord and still put a coat of P21S on for looks and to lower the attraction of dust.
Old 01-23-2004, 07:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting - I've been looking for an easy solution to hiding scratches and swirls in my Berlina - Z5 has taken it as far as it can...but its not good enough. This may be the solution! I'll have to give it a shot

I'll report back
Old 01-26-2004, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just recommended the nxt as well over at the boyz at autopia..

I do not think I will invest into is as it may not be easily attainable as my Zaino is for the end result. I simply like have a "wet" finish.

Also, I've developed a great business relationship with my zaino distributor and I really do not see myself using anything other than zaino at the moment.

But kudos to those at Meguiar's as I believe they are making huge strides in non PC application polishes, waxes.

However, I think they're PC stuff is top notch in my books. Something I'm going to invest in more heavily this year.

Quick Reply: Anybody use Meguiar's NXT yet?