S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Anybody ever use Zymol?

Old 10-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes the cleaner fluid is great for use before the Swissvax Onyx, Concorso etc..

You only need to use it twice a year or once depending on how you maintain your car.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Here is the Swissvax page on our site:

http://detailersdomain.com/index.asp?PageA...anfID=12&Page=1
Old 10-02-2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by detailersdomain,Oct 2 2007, 03:52 PM
yes the cleaner fluid is great for use before the Swissvax Onyx, Concorso etc..

You only need to use it twice a year or once depending on how you maintain your car.
what exactly does it do and have you noticed a difference when you used it against when you didnt?

If I was using a sealant (Jetseal 109), would I use this before or after I applied the cleaner fluid?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Typically Swissvax cleaner fluid should be used before Swissvax's Waxes.

If you completely prep your eg: Wash/clay/menzerna /...I would say your paint should be clean enough to apply the sealant followed by Swissvax.

However I've only done the full prep FMJ then Swissvax in a recent detail. I have not yet asked the customer about the durability. Its been about 3 weeks when I do his other car I will wash up the 7 that I did for him and I'll be able to figure it out then.

Swissvax Cleaner Fluid description:

This paint preserving solution will nourish the paint with its heavy polishing oils. The product does not contain abrasives. Swirl marks, light scratches, tar, tree sap and old wax are completely removed. Cleaner Fluid stops short of the underlying paint layer without scratching it. Apply before wax treatment.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wanabe,Oct 1 2007, 04:08 PM
the japon wax gets good reviews- you should remove all other waxes or synthetics before using it. it is a blend of carnauba with other oils and waxes which they call zymes...
So would that require using HD Cleanse first? I guess it wouldn't work to use Zymol Japon over Werkstatt Prime (even if it is the carnauba version)?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Xd

HD Cleanse is a must for good depth with Zymol waxes. You may get some streaking though on darker cars due to the high oil content.

Here's a car I finished with HD cleanse and then Vintage after some major paint correction;
Old 10-15-2007, 05:52 PM

I just washed and waxed my car today. After several months of using Pinnacle Souveran or CG Pete's 53, I decided to go back to Zymol and put on a wax I haven't used in years . . . Concours.

Wow! I had forgotten how much more I like the look of Zymol. The depth of shine was just unreal even on my Platinum Graphite paint.

For the first time I actually used an applicator to apply the Zymol instead of bare hands. I used a black foam applicator I got from Chemical Guys. It was GREAT! It was easy to put on THIN layers with this applicator much thinner than what I get bare handed. This made buffing off the wax MUCH easier.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:44 PM

I've used 2 Zymol products, the cleaner wax liquid found almost anywhere and this.

My first impression was this is the Zymol stuff that wants to be Crown Royal. After opening the stuff I found the smell to be like candy, if I were a kid I'd imagine I'd try putting some in my mouth. As the instructions said, I put a small amount into the palm of my bare hand and let the heat from my hands soften/melt the stuff so I could spread it onto the car. It was a really odd experience since I was supposed to remove it before it hazed up and hardened. I've never used so many cotton towels for just 1 car until using this product. The results were quite surprising though, it's like 5 coats of the good ol' Turtle Wax treatment in just 1 Zymol application.

Until this product, I've never run my bare hand on any of my cars before. It was a very strange but very erotic experience to be rubbing what was seemingly Zymol body lotion onto my S. I still remember my neighbor across the street was staring at me when I was rubbing the rear quarter panels and the corners of my rear bumper in a very erotic circular motion. If my car could talk I'd think it'd say "ooh baby, a little lower... a little more, OMG that's the spot!"
Old 10-16-2007, 05:18 AM

I also use Zymol and would not try anything else, check out this pix with maybe 3-4 coat of Zymaol, I keep wash the car and apply as the car get dirty.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by stopmenot2002,Oct 16 2007, 05:18 AM
I also use Zymol and would not try anything else,
Which Zymol wax are you using? Your silverstone looks very wet in those pics!

Quick Reply: Anybody ever use Zymol?