S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

Adam's Super VRT

Old 09-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adam's Super VRT

In short, this is God's gift to mankind.

I scrubbed off my AWFUL Eagle One Tire Dressing (you know, the nasty gel crap that coats your tires with a black slimy sludge and is embarrassing when you take your car in for service because it gets all over the techs' hands and then they hate you for it) using some 1:5 Purple Power (APC), a tire brush, copious amounts of water, a few shop towels, and elbow grease. Then, I applied a small, even amount of Super VRT to a dish sponge (I'd have used an Eagle One Tire Swipe, but I didn't have any on hand), and massaged it onto the dry tires. I used about a nickel-sized amount for each tire, but once the product saturates the sponge you'll need to use hardly any product at all to get the desired effect.

It has a low-gloss sheen (which I think you can make "wetter" with additional product?) and it's persisted through several car washes, rain, a week and half of driving, etc. Think of the 303 Aerospace Protectant look on your dash except it's on your tires, doesn't sling, doesn't run, and actually repels water.

I'll probably only need to apply the stuff once a month (or less). There is no residue and you get no product on your finger if you wipe it once it has had a few minutes to set. In the bottle, it has the consistency and smell of Pepto Bismol. Once applied, however, the smell dissipates and there is little to no odor to contend with. The bottle itself is very attractive and the spout is very well designed with smooth action and a secure closed position.

I will be buying more Adam's products from DD in the future, and I HIGHLY recommend this product for your tires—and also your trim pieces, as it'll last forever on those. It makes the blacks look deep and attractive. The black plastic bar above the tailpipes on the rear bumper benefited immensely from this dressing, as did my lower windshield trim.

Thanks to all who recommended the product, thanks to the Junkman on Youtube for advocating it and other Adam's products, and thanks to DD for selling it and sponsoring this forum. Thank goodness, I am no longer using crap detail products on my Beloved S.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah man I use that for my S. Lasts a long time, just did my tires again a week ago. Actually *does* repel water! Good stuff
Old 09-28-2011, 07:30 PM

I've used it too and have nothing but good things to say. Used it on trim pieces for my friend's 91 jetta (has some large plastic bits) and it really made a difference.
Two thumbs up!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:48 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

The entire Adams line is loaded with great products at a reasonable price.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 AM

Oh one more thing about Adams- if you don't like their product they refund your money, no questions asked. No B.S. it's true. Give them a try
Old 09-30-2011, 06:41 AM

I might have to pick up a can of this
Old 09-30-2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by ftpsk8
I might have to pick up a can of this
Do it. You have nothing to lose if you don't like it. Call them get your money back if it doesn't blow you away

LoL you'd think i work for them but i don't. just love their stuff.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:38 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Good post SMohan. Do you have any pics of your tires with VRT on them ?
Old 10-03-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Soof
Good post SMohan. Do you have any pics of your tires with VRT on them ?
On Thursday, I'll post a picture with my S fully detailed and tires dressed.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:23 PM

yup been using Adams for a few years. Made a huge order way back when and it really lasted me. I'm just about out of VRT and should be making another big order soon, Probably in the spring

Quick Reply: Adam's Super VRT