S2000 Wash and Wax S2000 Wash and wax discussions, hints and tips.

ACDetailing: 2007 S6 & 2006 997S

Old 12-05-2008, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACDetailing: 2007 S6 & 2006 997S

Hey Everyone!

I just recently detailed these two lovely cars for az member Andre!

2007 S6:

Andre takes really good care of his cars, and does his own maintenance washes himself, and correctly to boot! So my job was relatively easy compared to the "normal" detail.

When I first arrived:

As you can tell, the car was lacking the "pop" it should because Andre must have known I was coming!! Also, the car is a daily driver so it needed a good massaging to bring it back to the ACD level .

I first started everything off with a nice wash and foam bath. I used the 2 bucket method with grit guards, and Chemical Guys' Crystal Wash and Clear. I first foamed the car with my Cam Spray foam cannon and 1500psi Pressure washer, and let that dwell for 5 minutes while I prepped my wash buckets. After the wash was complete, I went on to the wheels and tires.

I presoaked the rims with P21s Wheel Gel, and the Tires and wheel wells got P21s Total Auto Wash.

Before:

During:

As you can tell, the gel is just pulling the dirt off the wheel. After letting the gels on the wheels/tires set for about 5 minutes, I used various brushes such as the DD Spoke Brush, Fender Brush, Swissvax Wheel Brush, and a few others to make sure the rims were looking brand new again.

After the conditioning of all the body panels, as well as the wheels, I brought the car in for claying. Because it was a daily driver, it had a few contaminates in the paint, but nothing too severe. After the claying, I popped the hood to give the engine bay a little touch up work. Since it only has arond 8k miles in a year of ownership, it wasn't too bad, but not perfect either .

So I went at it with Meg's APC diluted 3:1 for most of the bay:

I forgot to take afters [headbang] but it was finished off with a damp MF towel and Megs HyperDressing diluted 4:1 for the satin/natural finish fit for a perfectly cleaned bay .

After that, I wanted to get the floor mats out of the way because I knew they'd need drying time. Thank god they were rubber though! So I didn't need my hot water extractor, but they did need a little bit of freshening up! So I cleaned them up using another SW Wheel Brush, with Chemical Guy's Stain Extractor to give it a nice citrus like smell, as well as deep clean, without damaging the rubber!

I then went back to the paint, and began working out the medium amounts of defects on the paint. With the Gloss-It Evolution Cut, and a CCS Flat White Pad at speed 5-6 I worked every panel for one pass. After that, I went back over it with the Gloss-It Evolution Polish, and a CCS Flat Black pad, to further elevate the gloss, and completely remove what defects were left.

After that, I topped it with the Gloss-It Twins: Signature Polish worked in with CCS Flat Black pad and Flex DA at speed 4. I then went over the Sig.Polish with Gloss-It Concorso Gloss to bring it to the next level of protection, and shine. There is really no way I can describe to you what kind of glow the Gloss-It twins bring to paint. It is something usually only found in high-dollar carnuba's, and even then, the glow the gloss-it brings is quite different than any other wax/sealant I have applied to date.

The tires were dressed with Gloss-It Signature Tire Gloss, and then wiped dry to give a satin finish. The Wheel Wells were dressed with Meg's HD 4:1

(pics to follow)

After the exterior was complete, I did a thorough once-over on the interior. I first vacuumed the entire inside with my Metro Vac'n'Blow. Once that was clean I went over all the plastics, rubber, and vinyl with 1Z Cockpit Premium. After that, I applied gloss it leather cleaner and polish to all of the leather surfaces. The leather polish is bar none on the top of my list for conditioners. The way it reacts to the leather, and bonds makes it easy to apply, and minimal coats to bring the softness back to tough, worn out leather. Once that was complete, I moved on to the rubber seals, which were a little dry, so I applied 1Z Gummi Pfledge to the rubber seals. My last step for the car was to thoroughly clean the windows, and I did so with Stoners Inviglass, followed up by a MF Sponge, and DI Water to make sure the windows were perfect, with no streaks.

And then I pulled it out in to what little sun there was left:

And now on to the 997S!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The next day I went on to the 2006 997S. This car, like the S6 is regularly washed, and looked very well upon original inspection. All we wanted to do on this one, was make sure the interior was in outstanding condition, and really condition the seats well, and then just wash/wax the exterior of the car.

When I first arrived Friday morning to work on the car:

This one also knew it was heading to the spa, so it was a little dirty, but nothing I can't fix!! So I did the same process as the Audi above with the CG CWC in the foam cannon, as well as the 2BM, and then the wheels/tires. I don't have any pics because I wanted to get this one done in a timely manner so Andre could meet me during his lunch so he could see the car before I left!

After it was brought inside, I determined it didn't need a claying because it's hardly driven! So I went right on to the wax. For this application I chose Chemical Guy's E-Zyme wax because of it's lovely mango/fruity smell, as well as the depth and clarity it brings to the paint.

After that had been applied, I moved on to the interior where it received a thorough vacuum with my Metro and then a nice wipe down with 1Z Cockpit Premium. After that was complete, I prepped the seats with Gloss-It Leather cleaner, and topped them off with two coats of Gloss-It Satin Leather Polish (conditioner). I was again, very impressed by the results the Gloss-It products had given me. Unfortunately no before/afters because time was of the essence! I went on the the glass which again got the InvisiGlass, and then Soft Water treatment.

The tires were dressed with Gloss-It Sig.Tire Gloss and wiped dry for the satin finish we all love, and then the exhaust tips were cleaned with Mothers Mag&Aluminum Polish.

Afters:

That's all folks! Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed!

Aaron
Old 12-05-2008, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aaron, they both look great. Nice job!
Old 12-05-2008, 01:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

top notch work right there. great write up, always nice to see such a variety of cars being worked on in here