S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

YELLOW IS THE FASTEST

Old 08-19-2007, 11:46 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Default YELLOW IS THE FASTEST

The good authority was a gas station attendant in Duluth, Minnesota. She, of course, was full of compliments on our Rio and then went on to tell me that whilst she lived in Texas she had to pay a higher insurance premium because she drove a YELLOW car. Her agent informed her that YELLOW cars were considered to be FASTER than other cars and caused not only the driver of the yellow car to drive faster but also incited other drivers to drive faster.

Now I'm expecting a hullabaloo over this but I'm also curious to find out if those of us who have bought a Yellow after owning a different color S saw an increase in their premiums because of the yellow.

I hate to admit it, but her premium only went up by $5.40.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

I have State Farm -- in Texas --- and they don't charge a higher premium for yellow cars... I wonder what insurance she had -- Progressive or Gecko?

I think that is just the opposite of the German auto insurance premium rating system. You get a DISCOUNT for bright colored cars, like bright red, bright green, or yellow. Germans can legally drive them fast on the Autobahn. Research has reportedly shown that bright colored cars have fewer accidents, because they are more easily seen that the darker colors and the blue and grey colors that blend into the sky or the landscape.

(Also the other colors always know when they are being passed by a yellow car. Can't miss 'em.)

Tachus is right, though, about the yellow cars being fast. Maybe they don't run as hot as the red flame and blue flame cars, but the yellow flame is just hot enough to cut though the air and blast other colors away. I'm going to try mine out on the track on September the 22nd. It will be my first time in the Rio, and there will be an array of colors on the track; so I'm banking on Rio. I just hope I don't have to go head to head with a Berlina...
Old 08-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 823 Likes on 489 Posts

Yall are sooooo goofy. Despite the fact that I'm driving a beautiful NFR, I must say that I still think the silverstones are the fastest . . . you know why? Because nobody's looking. They're too busy ooooohing and ahhhhhing over those beautiful red cars that we have to drive with extra caution to keep from running over all the handsome hunks flagging us down to get our phone numbers.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by valentine,Aug 19 2007, 02:29 PM
They're too busy ooooohing and ahhhhhing over those beautiful red cars that we have to drive with extra caution to keep from running over all the handsome hunks flagging us down to get our phone numbers.
Never mind the reds, there is hardly a trip out when the Rio does not receive a compliment. I feel quite disappointed when nothing is said. I'll watch for the handsome hunks - I must have been traveling TOO FAST.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Berlina is so fast it doesn't even allow light to escape. Wanna race?
Old 08-19-2007, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-19-2007, 05:20 PM

Pity the insurance companies don't consider Berlina to be THAT fast.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:59 PM

Received 5,794 Likes on 3,413 Posts

Newsflash: Yellow works on School buses but not cars; especially not sports cars. That's why insurance companies question the judgment of the yellow owners and consider them high risk.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

...and Corvettes and Ferraris! Actually, one of the reasons I got a Rio this time, is that there are several yellow Corvettes in my neighborhood; and I have to watch those beauties go by now and then. That's definitely the most flattering color for a new Corvette with its luscious contours! So I started paying more attention to the Rio S2000s and decided the yellow pearl color is very nice when reflecting the sunlight! PLUS, Tachus tells me they are FAST, FAST, FAST!! If you want silver -- by all means -- then get yourself a Mercedes Benz, if you want green, then get yourself a Lotus, if you want red, then get yourself a Ferrari; but if you want an S you couldn't find a prettier color than yellow pearl!! Go figure!!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yellow may be fast, but, geez, it's ... well ... yellow. Besides, it's one of those words that just gets absurd when you repeat it a lot, or look at the spelling.

yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow

Sheesh. HPH

Quick Reply: YELLOW IS THE FASTEST