S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

xviper has left the building

Old 10-05-2006, 04:13 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Interesting points, Doc. I've always felt that street encounters was ridiculous. S2000 Talk is a close second sometimes.

I don't know... Trolls on the forums aren't new. I think a lot of the old guard gets talked out after a while. Not specifically this case with Dave, but you can see folks seething occasionally when someone asked the same question that's been asked 100s of times before. Maybe it's a natural progression.

I remember when I joined in 2002, folks were saying that the site was declining. Evolving, perhaps, but hardly declining.

As far as we're all concerned, I think it'll be very interesting to see what Honda does in 2008. If the S dies, this site will become a ghost town.

Only the special communities, like Vintage, will stand a chance of surviving.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fltsfshr, see what you've started. You never imagined it would get this big did you? We're going to call it....

"All My Children" or "As the world (stomach) Turns"
Old 10-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmo,Oct 5 2006, 07:13 PM
Only the special communities, like Vintage, will stand a chance of surviving.
That may very well be the case whether or not the S2000 remains in production. For a forum to survive there has to be a sense of community. That is badly lacking in most of the communities here. Only those that are bound by special interests or a common tie, like being of Vintage age, seem to nurture that sense. The others seem like the wild west with a shootout at the O.K. Corral every day.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Oct 5 2006, 06:22 PM
If he felt that way, he couldn't be more wrong about me. Read my post above. This all started BECAUSE I was trying to give back to the community .
DBB,

For all the words about the artwork belonging to you, and all of the fight, did it ever occur to you that you gave up all the rights to them the moment they were posted here.

If you read the registration form carefully you'll note that anything posted on S2KI becomes the copyrighted property of Peterson Ventures, LLC.

As soon as you sold those drawings and the purchasers posted them, both you and the purchasers gave up all rights to them.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Chazmo
...I think it'll be very interesting to see what Honda does in 2008.
Tsk tsk. And you're supposed to be setting a good example. I thought all such posts were supposed to go in this thread.

Some time back I compared communities such as S2KI to Kurt Vonnegut's invented concept of "granfalloons", artificial clubs or associations built around arbitrary things (in this case, a car). As such, you're right -- it'll fade away when the car is updated. (Of course, what will really happens is that the site will also be updated, with a special section for the "classic" S2000.)

And Rob's right: there are, it appears, friendships that have been forged here that won't fade away. And, in that sense, regardless of the other crap that goes on, S2KI-Vintage is a resounding success. Cheers, HPH
Old 10-05-2006, 04:38 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DrCloud,Oct 5 2006, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Chazmo
...I think it'll be very interesting to see what Honda does in 2008.
Tsk tsk. And you're supposed to be setting a good example. I thought all such posts were supposed to go in this thread. ...
Hehehe! No one's ever accused me of setting a good example.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:40 PM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmo,Oct 5 2006, 08:38 PM

Hehehe! No one's ever accused me of setting a good example.
Me either

fltsfshr
Old 10-05-2006, 04:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper,Oct 5 2006, 05:35 PM
For all the words about the artwork belonging to you, and all of the fight, did it ever occur to you that you gave up all the rights to them the moment they were posted here.

If you read the registration form carefully you'll note that anything posted on S2KI becomes the copyrighted property of Peterson Ventures, LLC.

As soon as you sold those drawings and the purchasers posted them, both you and the purchasers gave up all rights to them.
Not true. Read the terms of service -- S2KI does not claim ownership of content posted on the boards. They only claim the right to use it, and only for specific purposes.

[QUOTE]CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE

S2KI does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion on the Service. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, you grant S2KI the following world-wide, royalty free and non-exclusive license(s), as applicable:

a.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by ralper,Oct 5 2006, 05:35 PM
DBB,

Ok, I'm starting to get pissed now.

Please copy and paste some of my "words" about artwork belonging to me.

:biting tongue:
Old 10-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

That must have changed. When I signed up in 2002 S2KI claimed ownership of everything posted here.

Quick Reply: xviper has left the building