S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The WORST drivers

Old 09-04-2023, 06:17 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
This would technically be a worst rider or maybe just people with absolutely no common sense.
I’m driving to work this evening on a 2 lane secondary road with a speed limit of 45. I see a bicycle ahead of me he is right in the middle of my lane isn’t making any attempt to move over as I approach. It was on a straightaway so I could see no one is coming so I went around him and as I was passing him I noticed he was riding with no hands on the handlebars. When I was in front of him I looked in my rear view mirror and saw why he didn’t have his hands on the bars, his head was down and he was texting with both hands on his phone as he rode along.
Not smart. Asking to be road kill.
Old 09-04-2023, 06:28 PM

Received 4,242 Likes on 3,302 Posts

I just don’t understand why people can’t put their phones down and live in the moment. I went to the convenience store and the cashier had his phone on the counter and he was texting never even made eye contact with me.
Old 09-04-2023, 06:45 PM
Member (Premium)

I just don’t understand why people can’t put their phones down and live in the moment. I went to the convenience store and the cashier had his phone on the counter and he was texting never even made eye contact with me.
Bad conduct.
Old 09-04-2023, 06:53 PM

Received 3,770 Likes on 2,660 Posts

This would technically be a worst rider or maybe just people with absolutely no common sense.
I’m driving to work this evening on a 2 lane secondary road with a speed limit of 45. I see a bicycle ahead of me he is right in the middle of my lane isn’t making any attempt to move over as I approach. It was on a straightaway so I could see no one is coming so I went around him and as I was passing him I noticed he was riding with no hands on the handlebars. When I was in front of him I looked in my rear view mirror and saw why he didn’t have his hands on the bars, his head was down and he was texting with both hands on his phone as he rode along.
When I was a young kid I was riding my bike down a hill with no hands. For some reason I became distracted and focused looking downwards for a few seconds, at that moment I hit a parked car and I landed on the trunk of the vehicle. That was an eye opener I tell you. We didn't have cel phones back then but I was distracted.
Old 09-04-2023, 07:10 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
When I was a young kid I was riding my bike down a hill with no hands. For some reason I became distracted and focused looking downwards for a few seconds, at that moment I hit a parked car and I landed on the trunk of the vehicle. That was an eye opener I tell you. We didn't have cel phones back then but I was distracted.
I crashed into a parked car when I was around 10 just looking away, too. Kids will be kids. . When I ride my ElliptiGO now, I wear obnoxiously bright pink, orange or green. I WANT to be seen on the two lane roads I ride, with no shoulders. I drive those exact same roads and have noticed that bikers in black or gray are invisible until you are right up on top of them. In my life I have broken my nose (@$$hole brother, my leg (snow skiing) , my foot (dirt motorcycle riding) and my arm (humerus, ElliptiGO riding). I REALLY don't want to ask for a vehicle to hit me.

This is old but accurate as I usually wear bright pink as a top or jacket.
The following 3 users liked this post by Kyras:
robb (09-04-2023), windhund116 (09-05-2023), zeroptzero (09-04-2023)
Old 09-04-2023, 07:36 PM

Received 3,770 Likes on 2,660 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I crashed into a parked car when I was around 10 just looking away, too. Kids will be kids. . When I ride my ElliptiGO now, I wear obnoxiously bright pink, orange or green. I WANT to be seen on the two lane roads I ride, with no shoulders. I drive those exact same roads and have noticed that bikers in black or gray are invisible until you are right up on top of them. In my life I have broken my nose (@$$hole brother, my leg (snow skiing) , my foot (dirt motorcycle riding) and my arm (humerus, ElliptiGO riding). I REALLY don't want to ask for a vehicle to hit me.

This is old but accurate as I usually wear bright pink as a top or jacket.
That is too funny you also hit a parked car, lol, yup just chock it up to kids being kids. The bright colours are a great idea, I would do that also if I was riding out in the open like that. You can never be too safe. That may give vehicles more time to pull away from you rather than waiting to the last second.
The following users liked this post:
Kyras (09-04-2023)
Old 09-04-2023, 08:54 PM

Lol when I was a kid I too crashed into a parked car. It was a Cadillac belonging to the guy that lived diagonally across the street from us. The owner was a member of a certain ethnic organization. When I told my Dad he said “who’s car did you crash into!”
zeroptzero (09-05-2023)
Old 09-05-2023, 03:37 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

I was rear ended by a driver who was driving distracted. My back was effected and still is. My good friend was killed by a distracted driver. I have stopped riding my bike as it has become too dangerous. I play more golf now and will be selling both of my bikes. I want to see 80 next year.
windhund116 (09-05-2023)
Old 09-05-2023, 07:20 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,941 Likes on 2,646 Posts

I hit a moving car but I wasn't distracted. Well technically he was stopped at the time of contact.
I was riding downhill on a sidewalk, he pulled across the sidewalk trying to get out of a parking lot shielded by big bushes.
I saw him and slowed down a lot but still went flying cross his hood when I hit his passenger side fender.
Looking back I probably scared the sh^t out of him then again I wasn't thrilled either.
windhund116 (09-05-2023)
Old 01-18-2024, 01:54 AM

This one really surprised me as I’ve always found the big tour buses to be driven very professionally, yesterday morning I was inside a rotary making my way through and a tour bus comes out of one of the parking lots and goes right into the rotary, and he had a yield sign and I had the right of way as I was in the rotary. I saw he wasn’t going to stop so I stopped in the rotary and hit my horn he gave me the palm down motion as in slow down and I gave him a hand gesture of my own. Very surprised if I hadn’t of been paying attention that bus company would of been facing a pretty big lawsuit,
valentine (01-18-2024)

Quick Reply: The WORST drivers