S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The WORST drivers

Old 12-26-2022, 07:36 AM

Received 3,770 Likes on 2,660 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras

When I go to California, people don't drive badly but they do drive fast and are aggressive to be the first one to the next red light.
Somewhere out there is a study that showed people who weave in and out of traffic and speed in congested urban traffic really don't get to their destinations any faster than the vehicles around them. I see it play out every day where I eventually catch up to those types of people at a stop light despite them passing me five minutes earlier. If everyone was aware of that study maybe they would all just drive a bit more sanely.
The following users liked this post:
valentine (12-28-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 07:42 AM

Received 4,242 Likes on 3,302 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Somewhere out there is a study that showed people who weave in and out of traffic and speed in congested urban traffic really don't get to their destinations any faster than the vehicles around them. I see it play out every day where I eventually catch up to those types of people at a stop light despite them passing me five minutes earlier. If everyone was aware of that study maybe they would all just drive a bit more sanely.
That was EXACTLY what I observed coming home on Christmas Eve. 7 cars passed me, demographic was 3 BMW'S, 1 Audi, 2 Escalades and a Porsche suv 6 from N.J. and one from Vt,, they all risked passing in the ice, in a no passing zone only to end up driving for the next ten miles on top of each other constantly speeding up and hitting the brakes not getting anywhere we all ended up getting off the highway at the same time.
valentine (12-28-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 07:43 AM

Received 3,770 Likes on 2,660 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Joey, many years ago I happened to be driving around Montreal. You know how at many major urban intersections you can see the side of the traffic signal for the cross-traffic? Well, as soon as the signal would turn yellow, everyone would start moving. I don't mean they would start creeping ahead. They would hit the gas as if their light had already turned green! Is that still a thing?
Oh my, well Montreal drivers are very unique, much different than the rest of Canada, just like everything else in Quebec. They pretty much drive like Europeans. I don't know if that still occurs there or not, I assume it probably does. It has been 20+ years since I was there last, and I took a train on the last visit. People do say that Montreal driving is very different compared to the rest of the country, and a bit on the crazy side. lol
Old 12-26-2022, 07:47 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Nope...getting there faster is not the point.
Old 12-26-2022, 07:48 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,409 Posts

^^^ Beautiful city. Crazy drivers. At least when I was last there back in the 70s.
Old 12-26-2022, 07:53 AM

Received 469 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Joey, many years ago I happened to be driving around Montreal. You know how at many major urban intersections you can see the side of the traffic signal for the cross-traffic? Well, as soon as the signal would turn yellow, everyone would start moving. I don't mean they would start creeping ahead. They would hit the gas as if their light had already turned green! Is that still a thing?
That’s the way it should be done…
valentine (12-28-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 07:56 AM

Received 4,242 Likes on 3,302 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil St-Hilaire
That’s the way it should be done…
LOL That is why I don't mind Massachusetts drivers they may drive like maniacs but at least you can make some forward progress. You snooze you lose.
Old 12-26-2022, 11:54 AM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
That was EXACTLY what I observed coming home on Christmas Eve. 7 cars passed me, demographic was 3 BMW'S, 1 Audi, 2 Escalades and a Porsche suv 6 from N.J. and one from Vt,, they all risked passing in the ice, in a no passing zone only to end up driving for the next ten miles on top of each other constantly speeding up and hitting the brakes not getting anywhere we all ended up getting off the highway at the same time.
We encounter these a$$holes all the way to Naples FL and have had too many close calls. We are getting our vehicle trucked to Naples this year. I am pushing 79 and have changed my driving habits. And I get there the same time as I used to.
Old 12-26-2022, 12:52 PM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Just remember in Naples the rules of the road seem to be these.
Drive slow in the left lane to make right turns.
Remember turn signals don't work in Naples. Neither do stop signs.
If you do get lost stop in the middle of the road.
Never turn your head. Yellow means go. and so on......
valentine (12-28-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 01:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by ralper
Every state is the worst in its own way. New Jersey drivers are arrogant and aggressive. New York, especially Manhattan drivers absolutely refuse to yield to anyone, and Pennsylvania drivers need to learn how to drive before they take their cars out.

I was lucky to learn to drive in New York City. To paraphrase Frank Sinatra, "If you can drive there, you can drive anywhere, New York, New York."

valentine (12-28-2022)

Quick Reply: The WORST drivers