S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The WORST drivers

Old 12-22-2022, 10:54 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,642 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Hey! That's my joke.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vi...p#post24905313

annnnd...turns out I've posted it at least twice.

you're both literary thieves
https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/466...my-grandfather
I know I've used it before as well.

when I googled the text it sent me to a suicide line.
The following users liked this post:
valentine (12-23-2022)
Old 12-23-2022, 05:46 AM

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras

I do get annoyed driving in the mountains, like when I drive up to Estes Park, only 24 miles from home, or inside Rocky Mountain National Park. You all know, we car people know how to drive. We get tourists here that most likely have never been on a curvy mountain road before and they go so slow. It's good that they don't drive over their heads but I wish they'd use the pull outs!.
I don’t know if Texas still does, but when I lived in southern Texas for 2 years in the late 70s, Texas had “Drive Friendly” signs. That means if you are slower than somebody who is right behind you, you are expected to drive to the right over the shoulder line, to give more room for the other person to pass. Everyone always waved.
zeroptzero (12-23-2022)
Old 12-23-2022, 05:57 AM

Received 4,238 Likes on 3,299 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
I don’t know if Texas still does, but when I lived in southern Texas for 2 years in the late 70s, Texas had “Drive Friendly” signs. That means if you are slower than somebody who is right behind you, you are expected to drive to the right over the shoulder line, to give more room for the other person to pass. Everyone always waved.
That is the way it should be.
Old 12-23-2022, 07:50 AM

Received 511 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
As I was gassing up today I noticed that the edges of the front tire on the car on the other side of the pump from me were completely bald and the back tires were close to bald. The car had Maryland plates so I just don't get why someone wouldn't check their tires before going on a trip or have their mechanic check their car out before they went on a trip. Hope they don't plan on going out on the road in the next few days.
That is no surprise to me. I have a few friends that live in Maryland. About a year ago while visiting one of them I got passed by a school bus, in the right hand shoulder of the road!. Back in September while visiting another friend on was on Indian Head Hwy. Which is the most dangerous road in the Washington DC Metro area. I was in my S in the right hand lane of three northbound lanes doing 53 MPH in a 50 MPH zone. I looked in the mirror and saw two cars approaching in my lane at SPEED. I thought that they may rear end me so I gassed it. One passed me on my left, the other on the right hand shoulder. They had to be going close to 100 MPH. Off they sped weaving in and out of traffic a head of me.
Old 12-23-2022, 08:30 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Colorado will give a ticket if you camp in the fast lane on freeways. My niece was a passenger in a ticketed vehicle. There are signs that say Slower Traffic Use Pullouts and people are white knuckling past them up and down the climb.
Old 12-25-2022, 08:54 AM

Received 4,238 Likes on 3,299 Posts

I made a 100 mile round trip with most of it being 2 lane straight highway with a few passing lanes here and there. They have been plowing,salting and sanding for 2 days nights and we’re still out last night but there is only so much they can do with these conditions so it was still slow going. I felt comfortable traveling at 40 m.p.h. 2 hands on the wheel staying off the brakes just cruising along and I only ran into one Johnny on the brakes on my trip to my friends last night but I just kept my distance. Going home after being on the highway for 2 miles I got stuck behind a guy who would slow down to 20 m.p.h. every time he saw a patch of ice so I stayed behind him best I could then an oil tanker truck comes up behind me stays behind me for a minute then passes both myself and the car in front of me in a no passing zone right before a turn in the highway on ice. Then a few miles later a Wolfpack of cars comes up behind me and I see headlights in my lane and in the opposite lane as a guy is passing about 7 cars on the opposite side of the road then another car does it then another and then they all drove on top of each other for the next ten miles each one of them constantly speeding up and hitting the brakes, they basically risked life’s passing so that they could accomplish driving about 7 car lengths ahead of me for 10 miles.
Old 12-25-2022, 12:57 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,157 Posts

Every state is the worst in its own way. New Jersey drivers are arrogant and aggressive. New York, especially Manhattan drivers absolutely refuse to yield to anyone, and Pennsylvania drivers need to learn how to drive before they take their cars out.

I was lucky to learn to drive in New York City. To paraphrase Frank Sinatra, "If you can drive there, you can drive anywhere, New York, New York."
Old 12-25-2022, 01:01 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,157 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
The ones in Jeeps and Kia's . . . no matter what state.
Don't forget BMW drivers. They think that when they bought the car they bought the road too.
The following 2 users liked this post by ralper:
valentine (12-26-2022), zeroptzero (12-25-2022)
Old 12-25-2022, 01:32 PM

Received 3,767 Likes on 2,658 Posts

Canadian drivers tend to be pretty good overall, no real complaints about regions around me. We respect the left lanes for faster traffic only, our driver training is almost mandatory if you want to have any form of affordable insurance so you really need to take it. Our graduated licensing system is pretty well controlled for younger drivers. But I think our transport truck drivers have gotten worse, safety and training has gone out the window to get more drivers to fill the vacant jobs quickly. I avoid the Toronto region which is always crazy and overly busy with constant traffic jams, not a place I want to visit any further.
jukngene (12-25-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 06:13 AM
tof
Member (Premium)

Received 2,094 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Joey, many years ago I happened to be driving around Montreal. You know how at many major urban intersections you can see the side of the traffic signal for the cross-traffic? Well, as soon as the signal would turn yellow, everyone would start moving. I don't mean they would start creeping ahead. They would hit the gas as if their light had already turned green! Is that still a thing?

Quick Reply: The WORST drivers