S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The WORST drivers

Old 12-22-2022, 07:30 AM

Received 3,929 Likes on 2,639 Posts

I hate being a passenger in a car. I know it's a control thing.
The two exceptions are driving in Paris or Rome.
Old 12-22-2022, 07:54 AM

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,654 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I hate being a passenger in a car. I know it's a control thing.
The two exceptions are driving in Paris or Rome.
I always avoid being a passenger in a vehicle if I can help it in any way, I really dislike it. If friends or relatives want to go somewhere I insist on driving, always have , my whole life.

For me it is about collision avoidance. I am 40 years accident free, and I have avoided many accidents over the years because of my reaction and whatever skill I possess. If I am going to be in a collision situation I want to be at the wheel to try and avoid it if possible. I don't want to die in the passenger seat with someone else at the wheel, it is a real fear of mine.

Old 12-22-2022, 07:58 AM

Received 5,739 Likes on 3,382 Posts

In July 1963 I picked up my new Triumph Spitfire at 114 Rue Cardinet, Paris and immediately drove around the Arc d Triumph. I felt like Phil Hill taking on the European's.
The following 3 users liked this post by dlq04:
jukngene (12-22-2022), robb (12-22-2022), sam_spider (12-27-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 08:51 AM

Received 4,234 Likes on 3,297 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
First off, it is good to see we Massholes ascend to the TOP of the list where we belong.
We like our driving like we like our politics, as a Darwinian, blood sport. The weak will be eliminated.

Jeep drivers are a special breed. flaunting their disdainful "it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand."
I've never shopped a Jeep, do you get the lobotomy before or after you buy it?
Of course we know they are simple fear biters since everyone knows they can roll over at just about any point.
Of course Lainey, I am referring to real jeeps? CJ somethings.
Mass. drivers don't bother me as much as others because they keep moving it's not a case of I have to be in front of you and now that I am I'm going to crawl along.
I've never had an issue with Jeep drivers on the road but last summer there was a group of them in a local shopping center here and I went over to them to invite them to a car show we were having and one word describes all the people in the group that I spoke to and that is D bag. I handed one guy a flyer and they all had different cars on them and the one I gave him had a Vanagon on it and he looks at me and goes pffft Volkswagens??!!! I tried to explain to him that it was an all makes car/truck whatever show but he just handed the flyer to me and after inviting a couple of the other members and getting an attitude from each one I gave up.
Old 12-22-2022, 09:03 AM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
If I am going to be in a collision situation I want to be at the wheel to try and avoid it if possible. I don't want to die in the passenger seat with someone else at the wheel, it is a real fear of mine.
When I die, I want to go like my dad - peacefully in his sleep - not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Old 12-22-2022, 09:04 AM

As I was gassing up today I noticed that the edges of the front tire on the car on the other side of the pump from me were completely bald and the back tires were close to bald. The car had Maryland plates so I just don't get why someone wouldn't check their tires before going on a trip or have their mechanic check their car out before they went on a trip. Hope they don't plan on going out on the road in the next few days.
Old 12-22-2022, 09:38 AM

Received 467 Likes on 333 Posts

^ Maryland, eh? We have traffic circles in my neighborhood and it is always risky to enter and exit as there are so many drivers who don't know what they are suppose to do. Some dart out like clueless rabbit and some just don't know what to do. And then there are other cars in the traffic circle who can't seem to stay within their lane. Sometimes, avoiding the traffic circle might be safer if it gets too busy.
The following 2 users liked this post by Honda 367:
Kyras (12-22-2022), valentine (12-23-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 09:51 AM

Received 3,479 Likes on 1,887 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
I find that everyone believes their area has the worst drivers (except for themselves of course). However, I do think Florida drivers are terrible. The big problem in my area is that it is a resort area and we are overwhelmed by drivers from other states and areas who do not know where they're going or the unusual way our highways are designed. It makes for horrible accidents every single day. There are also a lot of drivers who are intoxicated which also makes for horrible accidents. I've driven in many states and I seriously cannot complain about seeing bad driving in any of them (except Florida). The only complaint I have is driving on the beltway in the DC area because of the congestion.
I don't think driver's are bad at all in Loveland. I enjoy driving here and that's why I like volunteering my car and time to drive people. It's slower paced that most places. I don't mind the fast part.

When I go to California, people don't drive badly but they do drive fast and are aggressive to be the first one to the next red light.

I do get annoyed driving in the mountains, like when I drive up to Estes Park, only 24 miles from home, or inside Rocky Mountain National Park. You all know, we car people know how to drive. We get tourists here that most likely have never been on a curvy mountain road before and they go so slow. It's good that they don't drive over their heads but I wish they'd use the pull outs!

And sam_spider, I agree with you. Harley drivers are slow. Always.
The following users liked this post:
sam_spider (12-27-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 09:59 AM
tof

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Originally Posted by SheDrivesIt
When I die, I want to go like my dad - peacefully in his sleep - not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Hey! That's my joke.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-vi...p#post24905313

annnnd...turns out I've posted it at least twice.

Last edited by tof; 12-22-2022 at 10:12 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tof:
jukngene (12-22-2022), valentine (12-23-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Honda 367
^ Maryland, eh? We have traffic circles in my neighborhood and it is always risky to enter and exit as there are so many drivers who don't know what they are suppose to do. Some dart out like clueless rabbit and some just don't know what to do. And then there are other cars in the traffic circle who can't seem to stay within their lane. Sometimes, avoiding the traffic circle might be safer if it gets too busy.
Yeah hopefully they make it back O.K. I looked around but couldn't find the owner of the car figured maybe they didn't know about their tires.
We used to have an intersection here in manchester called Malfunction Junction and they put in a few roundabouts and they have been great although like you said a lot of people don't get it but it is pretty basic you yield to the vehicle in the circle. There is a roundabout in brattleboro that is very confusing it has 2 forward lanes going around it with all kinds of arrows it is what I would call overengineered.

Quick Reply: The WORST drivers