S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

The WORST drivers

Old 12-21-2022, 08:43 AM
tof

Received 2,092 Likes on 1,409 Posts

We have a Jeep Week here on the Coast. Not as big as Cruisin The Coast, but close.

It's pandemonium.
Old 12-21-2022, 09:03 AM

Received 4,234 Likes on 3,297 Posts

When we took our driving across the country trip way back when we didn't make any plans just went and the only issue we had was in Utah. We had been driving all day past signs that keep saying no services and there was nothing for 100's of miles then we see the lights of a city off into the distance. Turned out to be Moab and it also turned out they were having their annual Moab Jeep meet with 3,000 plus jeeps. The only place we could even get into to get something to eat was a pizza hut. We stood in line for three hours and finally got a pizza and forget about getting a room for the night. As we were leaving my friend looked at me and said I hate jeeps.
The following users liked this post:
buckeyesue (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 09:42 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,857 Likes on 2,070 Posts

Originally Posted by robb
When we took our driving across the country trip way back when we didn't make any plans just went and the only issue we had was in Utah. We had been driving all day past signs that keep saying no services and there was nothing for 100's of miles then we see the lights of a city off into the distance. Turned out to be Moab and it also turned out they were having their annual Moab Jeep meet with 3,000 plus jeeps. The only place we could even get into to get something to eat was a pizza hut. We stood in line for three hours and finally got a pizza and forget about getting a room for the night. As we were leaving my friend looked at me and said I hate jeeps.
Try being near Sturgis during their rally. Never again, since this isn't about a specific vehicle I won't go way off on a tangent, but Harley riders can suck it, at least the Sturgis rally types.

Oh, and when we were near Sturgis we were in our Wrangler towing our camper I'm generally a courteous driver, but I'm no fan of left lane hogs (literally and figuratively). lol.
valentine (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 01:30 PM

Received 808 Likes on 483 Posts

I find that everyone believes their area has the worst drivers (except for themselves of course). However, I do think Florida drivers are terrible. The big problem in my area is that it is a resort area and we are overwhelmed by drivers from other states and areas who do not know where they're going or the unusual way our highways are designed. It makes for horrible accidents every single day. There are also a lot of drivers who are intoxicated which also makes for horrible accidents. I've driven in many states and I seriously cannot complain about seeing bad driving in any of them (except Florida). The only complaint I have is driving on the beltway in the DC area because of the congestion.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:30 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
The ones in Kia's . . . no matter what state.
That's because most of them are stolen!
Old 12-21-2022, 02:32 PM

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
See, and I've found Ohio drivers awful. Michigan drivers are bad for sure, but on the highway Ohio drivers ignore the left lane rule completely.
Heck, I think that is every state. For some reason it seems that Ohio troopers don't ticket for that.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:42 PM

Received 771 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I've had some real concerns about drivers of transport trucks in our region/ country in past months. This morning we received tragic news that my wife's cousin was killed after being hit head-on by a truck on a two lane highway, which turned out being the truck driver's fault.

It wasn't long ago that a truck driver in Saskatchewan blew a stop sign and took out a bus load of Humbolt Bronco hockey players. I think you can get your truck driver's license as long as you are able to breathe air. A vast majority of truck drivers here are newcomers to this country, back home the largest vehicle they would have driven would have been a scooter. They get their license in a very short period of time with zero experience needed due to hiring demands. They often bypass the speed limiter/governors on their trucks to exceed our 105 km/hr speed limit. They don't know how to properly load the weight of their payloads in the trailers, and we see trucks tipped over all along our highways in ditches. Trucks are becoming big hazards in this country.
There are bad drivers in every state. They drive aggressively, distracted and stupidly. Truck drivers are the worst. We always drive to Naples, Fla every winter but we are having our vehicle trucked this year. We are tired and stressed out of putting up with bad drivers on our 23 hour drive to Naples.
zeroptzero (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 05:15 PM

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,654 Posts

Apparently they don't put prizes in Cracker Jack boxes anymore, just driver licenses.
valentine (12-22-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 06:50 AM

Received 3,929 Likes on 2,639 Posts

First off, it is good to see we Massholes ascend to the TOP of the list where we belong.
We like our driving like we like our politics, as a Darwinian, blood sport. The weak will be eliminated.

Originally Posted by Lainey
Hey!!!!;

Don't be a Jeep hater!
Jeep drivers are a special breed. flaunting their disdainful "it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand."
I've never shopped a Jeep, do you get the lobotomy before or after you buy it?
Of course we know they are simple fear biters since everyone knows they can roll over at just about any point.
Of course Lainey, I am referring to real jeeps? CJ somethings.
Old 12-22-2022, 07:10 AM

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,023 Posts

It is always a shock driving in Europe, especially Germany and then returning home.
The Dutch are very compliant and calm. The Italians are a different breed. Lots of fun!
I drove my daughter and wife around the Arc d Triumph in Paris during rush hour and it blew their minds. If you wanted to know what it is like to swim in a school of sardines, this is the closest you can get.
Sacramento was listed as the worst driver location and I can see how that is true. I have relatives in Boise; when I drive there I fell like every other driver is on Xanax. No aggressiveness whatsoever. Same for Anchorage.

Quick Reply: The WORST drivers