S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Word for Mac 2011 Question

Old 01-09-2016, 11:50 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts
Default Word for Mac 2011 Question

I am doing a large project; estimate 100 pages. My issues is with posting "multiple" pictures on the same page. For example, think of two columns with four pictures in each, one after the other. Even when I "anchor" the individual pictures I can not get them to line up, and even when I do, they scramble themselves.

What's really frustrating is Mac's Pages software makes this as easy as anything but it has a big drawback...you can not insert or delete pages within existing pages. Even more ironically is the older version of Pages, which I don't have, allowed the user to do that.

Any help would be very much appreciated !!!
Old 01-09-2016, 01:49 PM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

I've done several large documents with multiple pictures. I had to make sure that all of the pictures were the same physical size for them to line up. It was also necessary to make sure there were no spaces imbedded on the same line before the pictures.

After I figured out the above it went smoothly.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
I've done several large documents with multiple pictures. I had to make sure that all of the pictures were the same physical size for them to line up. It was also necessary to make sure there were no spaces imbedded on the same line before the pictures.

It seems like I've tried and retried and retired that and still it gives me fits. A good share of the time I have a small text box between them and I can't keep that anchored either. I don't understand how the program is ignoring it's own so-call-rules.

For example, I use the program position, i.e. right top corner. I then go down all the steps to anchor the picture, which is like a 4-step process. And then when I get to end of the page and do a page break the picture jumps to the right top corner of that page off of the one I anchored it on. WTF.

I tried calling MS. Worse than Comcast. I hung up because I knew more the foreign idiot that was trying to help me.

I will keep trying but I am about ready to go back to using the Apple program. Today it took me at least 8-9 hours to do 13 pages using M/S. I could have easily done that in 1-2 hours using Apple. BUT, and its a big but I can't go back and add a page or delete a page when new data or pictures show up; something I didn't find out till I had done 66 pages in the Apple product.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:46 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

dave,
I don't know mac for crap but i'm used to getting things done somehow.
you can cheat and use photoshop or equivalent to combine the images into one larger image and place that one resulting image.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Scooterboy

I tried that approach again. Basically, jamming photos side by side and top to bottom with no white space at all between them. It did work. Thanks Scoots.