S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Why I like Silver S2000s.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:11 PM

Received 1,753 Likes on 1,045 Posts

Originally Posted by skunkworks
A-7s have always looked better in silver. I love oatmeal.
Touche.

Old 06-07-2014, 02:11 PM

Member (Premium)

Received 173 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Imagine silver in this picture. Blah! There is a reason nature made bumblebees and hornets this color. Rio Yellow all the way.
Silver is the oatmeal of car colors. Okay for everyday fare but with a special car like the S, no way.

Imagine yellow in this picture. Yuck

Old 06-08-2014, 01:12 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Originally Posted by skunkworks' timestamp='1402166435' post='23194160
A-7s have always looked better in silver. I love oatmeal.
Touche.

Silver MUST be the quickest color.... that's why airplanes are that color!

Don't see them painted yellow, black, red, blue or white very often!
Old 06-08-2014, 11:52 AM

Received 792 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by PokS2k
Originally Posted by cosmomiller' timestamp='1402163717' post='23194122
Imagine silver in this picture. Blah! There is a reason nature made bumblebees and hornets this color. Rio Yellow all the way.
Silver is the oatmeal of car colors. Okay for everyday fare but with a special car like the S, no way.

Imagine yellow in this picture. Yuck

End of conversation.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:14 PM

"End of conversation."

Nope.

Not all airplanes are silver. Some really lucky ones are yellow:

Not quite. Silver here? No, no, and no.

I will give you its not Rio Yellow but its still yellow. Awful in silver.

Rio Yellow and the winding road with yellow strips were made for each other especially the yellow turning aspen trees.

Yellow just goes with the dandelions.

Silver would be so washed out here:

Of course here is a good looking white and blue airplane:

I rest my case. :-)
Old 06-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,161 Posts

Oh no. Not again. I thought we resolved this years ago.

The consensus at that time was that Sebring Silver was the nicest, fastest and best color. Nothing's changed since then. Why does this keep coming up?
Old 06-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Here's something from a long, long time ago.

Yellow is the hottie of the group. It is the 19 year old in a mini skirt and high heels. It is the color that shouts, "Look at me". It is the attention getter. The head turner.

Red is a string bikini on the French Riviera. It is suntanned and sexy. Hot and steamy.

Silverstone is formal and sophisticated. It is grey flannel and French perfume properly worn. It is a well tailored suit and a glove leather handbag.

Black is strong and powerful. She is the chairman of the board, the self made millionairess. She is the one to watchout for. She will buy your company and put you out. She is the hardest to deal with, but absolutely beautiful if you know how to handle her.

White, and to a lesser degree, Suzuka, is icy and aloof. She will almost let you catch up, and then make you chase after her again. She likes playing hard to get.

Laguna Blue is the new girl in town. She looks hot, but we haven't had a chance to get to know her yet.

Sebring Silver is the girl next door. You don't notice her at first, but when you finally open your eyes, you realize that she is the most beautiful of all. And she is the one you want to spend your life with.
Old 06-08-2014, 03:47 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Very well said, Rob.

Now the discussion can move to whether the interior should be red or black....

Old 06-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by JonasM
Very well said, Rob.

Now the discussion can move to whether the interior should be red or black....

No fight, no discussion necessary. I thought that this was settled years ago as well. Red interiors are for Corvettes. The only proper interior color for a Silver S2000 is Black.

And since Silver has been established as the best color for an S2000, and the proper interior for a Silver S2000 is Black, by definition, the best, fastest color combination for an S2000 is Sebring Silver with a Black interior.

Period.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by ralper
Here's something from a long, long time ago.

Yellow is the hottie of the group. It is the 19 year old in a mini skirt and high heels. It is the color that shouts, "Look at me". It is the attention getter. The head turner.

Sebring Silver is the girl next door. You don't notice her at first, but when you finally open your eyes, you realize that she is the most beautiful of all. And she is the one you want to spend your life with.
Something from a long time ago is correct. Mini skirt? Must be from the 60s. Here are some recent quotes.

Psychology of color: Yellow
Cheerful sunny yellow is an attention getter. It is considered an optimistic color. Cheerful yellow is the color of the sun, associated with laughter, happiness and good times. A person surrounded by yellow feels optimistic because the brain actually releases more seratonin (the feel good chemical in the brain) when around this color. It has the power to speed up our metabolism and bring out some creative thoughts (legal tablets are yellow for good reason!). Yellow can be quickly overpowering if over-used, but used sparingly in the just the right place it can be an effective tool in marketing to greater sales. The more golden shades with the promise of better times. It is the most difficult color for the eye to take in, so it can be overpowering if overused. Yellow enhances concentration.

My wife of 30 years was not the girl next door I did not notice. She was a pearl of great worth; I knew that right off the bat. I noticed her and I still do after all this time. Just like the S, you know there is more than a gorgeous color skin deep! She keeps my serotonin flowing!

Psychology of Color: Siver/Grey
Silver/Gray is most associated with the practical, timeless, middle-of-the-road, solid things in life. Too much silver leads to feeling mostly nothing; but a bit of silver will add that rock solid feeling to your product. Some shades of silver/grey are associated with old age, death, taxes, depression or a lost sense of direction. Silver is an off-shoot of gray and often associated with giving a helping hand, strong character (sterling in-fact!).

Quick Reply: Why I like Silver S2000s.