S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

When Are You Putting Your Car To Bed?

Old 11-06-2004, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Corner!

Mine is now half asleep...just need to get some blue foam for under the car and take the battery out...

Old 11-06-2004, 07:20 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by matrix,Nov 6 2004, 10:16 PM
Corner!

Mine is now half asleep...just need to get some blue foam for under the car and take the battery out...

I'm right there with ya, bud.

I went all out today and even removed the wheels so I could give the wheel wells a good scrubbing, and so it would be easier to get to the CV boots to spray them. All I got done in the time I had was all the exterior stuff - wash, polish, wheels, and empty the glovebox, trunk, etc. I need to go back someday soon to do the interior - vacuum, leather clean & condition, shit-su grease on all the top and door rubber, remove the battery, stuff like that.

JonasM
Old 11-07-2004, 03:18 AM

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm with Carmen and most of the northern people on this.....car is put away as soon as the snow starts to fall .
Old 11-07-2004, 04:13 AM

Vicki got a birthday bath Friday night and we went out for some twisties yesterday. Kids, you know how they get at bedtime.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:19 AM

Received 2,944 Likes on 1,743 Posts

I'm not...I'm hoping to get in a test drive of the Spring Fling route with George and Matt in Dec.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:55 AM

She runs free all year. I couldn't stand not driving it for months on end. Just avoid the wet when there is salt on the roads. It's too much fun sliding around with all the sand they put on the roads to stay inside. I'll take her out early when the snow is fresh and the salt trucks haven't been out yet. I wouldn't miss it.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:54 AM

Received 4,234 Likes on 3,297 Posts

Mine is pretty much ready for storage. I took some plastic that comes on the new cars where I work home so I can cover up the interior while my S is in storage. I got the plastic that comes on the seats of the Cadillac XLR and they fit perfectly. Every weekend I say this is gonna be it but the salt trucks haven't been out yet so I'm still driving my S on the weekends although it is getting a lot colder.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:03 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE=grannyrod,Nov 5 2004, 09:56 AM] After making it through my first winter without incident, I will not "put her to bed" so to speak, just not out in snow or salt.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:11 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

I really find this approach unfathomable. To lose the option of a drive on a bright, crisp mid-winter day Interesting....I could afford a 'beater' for the winter, but can not see myself in this obsessive mode. Jonas' pic reminds me of an embalmed bod....ready for final burial

I know that I'm in the minority here in the 'northern parts' ..... utsonflameproofsuit:

[QUOTE=JonasM,Nov 6 2004, 11:20 PM] I'm right there with ya, bud.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:55 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K,Nov 7 2004, 11:11 AM
I really find this approach unfathomable. To lose the option of a drive on a bright, crisp mid-winter day Interesting....I could afford a 'beater' for the winter, but can not see myself in this obsessive mode. Jonas' pic reminds me of an embalmed bod....ready for final burial

I know that I'm in the minority here in the 'northern parts' ..... utsonflameproofsuit:
No worries - no flameproof suit required.

In my case, this car was the realization of a longtime dream. I doubt I'll have the means to do this again, so this car must last me a couple decades.

Plus, with a new family, it's better that this car stays clean for the occasional weekend or evening drive rather than taking up all the time that regular use would require. Time spent with the family comes first.

Finally, here in NE Ohio, there are few places to really enjoy the car. The best drives I had this year were the weekend meets. When the meet season is over, the best features of this car don't have much reason for being. Those crisp mornings do call to me though....

To those who have the time, roads and means to drive it all the time, I salute you (with more than a touch of envy!)

JonasM

Quick Reply: When Are You Putting Your Car To Bed?