S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

When Are You Putting Your Car To Bed?

Old 11-05-2004, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine gets her winter boots put on this weekend and her summer running shoes put away for the winter, and all of the rubber seals underneath cleaned and treated with spray silicone. That plus an oil change, new wiper inserts and the washer bottle filled with Rain-X washer fluid will have her all ready for winter fun.

I do have mixed feelings about having the new hardtop. I wish I could still put the top down at times, but overall I feel much better with the hardtop on for winter.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carman, sounds like my approach is like yours, my sad day just comes sooner...

I do not have a set date, what makes the determination is not snow, but salt, as soon as they salt the roads for the first time I'm done. At this point in the year I will not drive the car on a rainy day or when the roads are nasty. The car is kept very clean so in case we get a surprise snow and salt I have very little washing to do before I put the cover on. Every time I take the car out I'm sure to fill up the gas tank before I return home, just in case.

There have been times I have not actually removed the battery until mid December, it all depends upon the salt trucks.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:33 AM

Question

Originally Posted by OhioRacer,Nov 5 2004, 09:39 AM
...Inevitably, we have a surprise snowfall and I get caught with my pants down....
Poor Carmen. He must have awfully cold knees.

I can't believe some of you guys will have to put your cars up soon. We're having a glorious day in the upper 60s.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:08 AM

Received 3,355 Likes on 1,829 Posts

Originally Posted by DERF,Nov 5 2004, 07:00 AM
Was going to put her to bed and tuck her in when the first snow hit. However she started to look a little sad when she heard of my plans. Think she may have called my leasing company, because they said that I couldn't put Storage insurance on her and she had to keep her full coverage on her including comprehensive.

These little cars seem to know how to get their way So I caved in and decided to let her run free all year. Now I think she wants new shoes, something with better traction I suppose would make her Happy This car aways wants something new (Always Me, Me, Me), buts thats OK because she puts a smile on my face when she is Happy.

So once again the S gets her way and will be playing in the snow with all the SUVs, pickups, and cars. They may think she is crazy but girls just want to have FUN
Thank you for that post. I always read the ones like that to Andy (my +1) to prove that I'm a normal S2000 owner. It always helps to have someone (far) worse off than I am!

Oh and BTW, my little S will be playing all winter. The Silverstone may get it's hat put on early this year, if the freezing nights keep up. The top was covered with frost/ice this morning and I don't think that can be good for the plastic window or the top. I don't know how long I have to wait for the Suzuka hat but I think it's on back order. (I pick the car up tomorrow, Friday!)
Old 11-05-2004, 08:30 AM

Snow tires will get put on next week.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:40 AM

Thanks Patti
Old 11-05-2004, 09:16 AM

Received 1,472 Likes on 1,145 Posts

My little S never goes to sleep, it just spends most of January and February locked in the garage. Last year I only put on 30 miles in January and 100 miles in February.

Still, putting it to sleep would be too hard. One of lifes little pleasures is a top down ride on a cold and clear day in the winter. If the roads are clear the S is ready.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:23 AM

Received 329 Likes on 278 Posts

I do a lot like Ralper, Mine probably won't see 250 miles from now till March.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by jmc1971,Nov 5 2004, 11:33 AM
Poor Carmen. He must have awfully cold knees.

I can't believe some of you guys will have to put your cars up soon. We're having a glorious day in the upper 60s.
Oh sure...rub it in...

Mine goes to sleep tomorrow ...won't be back out until APRIL!
Old 11-05-2004, 12:26 PM

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!!!!

We don't even have to put our tops up, just turn the heater up a notch or two.

Quick Reply: When Are You Putting Your Car To Bed?