S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

When Are You Putting Your Car To Bed?

Old 11-05-2004, 05:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default When Are You Putting Your Car To Bed?

My plan since I've had my S is to drive it regardless of temperature until the first snow/salt arrives. Once that happens, I put her to bed. Inevitably, we have a surprise snowfall and I get caught with my pants down and I have to prepare the car in the freezing cold. When do you plan to put your car to bed this year?

Also, when is your last big drive planned? +1 and I are meeting up with Sam (spt-s2k) tomorrow to drive Ohip 164. . This will probably be it for us except for local drives. What about you?
Old 11-05-2004, 05:42 AM

Received 142 Likes on 91 Posts

Normal winters here are cold, but we tend to not get a lot of snow. I keep the car ready all winter as long as there is no sign of the dreaded S words (snow and salt).
Geez, I'm starting to get ready for the mid-winter meet.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After making it through my first winter without incident, I will not "put her to bed" so to speak, just not out in snow or salt. I remember driving around top down in 35 degree temps last winter. If anyone has a mid-winter meet that's a short distance from me with no overnight, I may join them. Enjoy your drive with the great leader of the "Low Riders." And keep those pants up, sonny!

Funny, "danger, car topic."
Old 11-05-2004, 05:57 AM

The DARK SIDE never sleeps!
Old 11-05-2004, 06:00 AM

Was going to put her to bed and tuck her in when the first snow hit. However she started to look a little sad when she heard of my plans. Think she may have called my leasing company, because they said that I couldn't put Storage insurance on her and she had to keep her full coverage on her including comprehensive.

These little cars seem to know how to get their way So I caved in and decided to let her run free all year. Now I think she wants new shoes, something with better traction I suppose would make her Happy This car aways wants something new (Always Me, Me, Me), buts thats OK because she puts a smile on my face when she is Happy.

So once again the S gets her way and will be playing in the snow with all the SUVs, pickups, and cars. They may think she is crazy but girls just want to have FUN
Old 11-05-2004, 06:03 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Exactly same as Carmen... First sign of sand/salt trucks...

Sigh, this is probably going to happen sometime in the next week or so.

Fred, I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're going to drive the S year round with any chance of snow, you *must* get snows. Highly recommend Blizzaks. Best wishes.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:05 AM

Ohhh and Me Too

Yes Chazmo she needs new shoes, we are going shopping real soon. Though she might like a little taller shoe to give her a tad more clearance. Girls look sexy with high hells on
Old 11-05-2004, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by grannyrod,Nov 5 2004, 09:56 AM
And keep those pants up, sonny!
Granny!!! Back to watching the geese, woman!
Old 11-05-2004, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by rjosey8385,Nov 5 2004, 09:05 AM
Granny!!! Back to watching the geese, woman!
Old 11-05-2004, 06:41 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

Tomorrow....sniff, sniff...

Since I need to garage the car at a friend's place (my garage is way too damp to be healthy for my Ginger), I need to get it done safely before the first snow, and since this weekend will be sunny (if cold), I need to jump on the opportunity.

In about 2 hours I'm heading for the delership for an oil change (starting with synthetic today).

Tomorrow morning I drive over there, do a full wash, polish, vacuum, treat the seals, etc, then say goodbye for a couple months.

JonasM

Quick Reply: When Are You Putting Your Car To Bed?