S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

When is Spring Fling?

Old 10-28-2004, 11:44 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Ok, all good ideas. What I can do about it up here in Boston? Who is our SF committee? I'll help however I can up here. Maybe negotiate with an inn or hotel and reserve rooms. I can't help much on a drive route as I don't know the roads. But it looks like Deb has a route from another meet that will work fine.

Rob has mentioned Rick twice. It would be great if he wanted to organize this, but is it reasonable for us to just expect him to do it? He works hard on FC 04. I'm sure he would like to just enjoy a meet instead of having to plan and organize it. Seems it would only be fair if some of us took on the organizing for SF.

And what about the Winter Gala? Who's going to host that????
Old 10-28-2004, 12:37 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE=Legal Bill,Oct 28 2004, 02:44 PM] ....Rob has mentioned Rick twice.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=PokS2k,Oct 27 2004, 07:38 PM] I'd like to join in this time too.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VIR sounds good to me. Will they let us on the track without a rollbar? I heard they required a rollbar of equal height to the windscreen.

Here's an idea; rent the track for two days (Saturday and Sunday), arrive Friday for a social Friday night and another Saturday night. Track all day Sat and Sun. Depart Sunday afternoon or Monday.

I really enjoyed the FC04 track. Need more. Getting the shakes.

Jamie
Old 10-28-2004, 01:42 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,484 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by klassyblue,Oct 28 2004, 11:37 AM
Here is a road I traveled on back from Fall Colors....... Virginia really does have some nice roads and scenery....
Very nice!
Old 10-28-2004, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky,Oct 28 2004, 08:24 AM
Well, I believe the end of April, like last year. Seems to be the best time for weather and not interfering with other events, holidays, etc. Maybe we can shoot for a shorter drive and a place with pool/jacuzzi, as Patty suggested. We do need to agree on a location with some fun back roads. Honestly, I really liked driving through the mountains of WV on my way to and from OH. Maybe we could get KAMcDonald (Keith) involved since he lives there. But I realize that is not too centrally located for everyone. What is centrally located???
Central location - Wisconsin
Old 10-28-2004, 02:14 PM

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Legal Bill,Oct 28 2004, 02:44 PM
And what about the Winter Gala? Who's going to host that????
Well I do host the Mid-Winter gathering every year. If there is interest, I will look into a hotel and activities.

As a side note, the one rule of MWG is that it is not necessary to bring your S since it's winter and many of us don't bring them out if there is the dreaded "S" words on the road (snow and salt).

Let me know and I will try to organize something quick.

PS I will be able to offer a race track in 2006 in S. Jersey.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:40 PM

Well, here's my thoughts.

We all meet up in Virginia the end of April.
Since the Northerners don't know the area, our local members in Virginia will have to pick the area and plot a drive route.

We should find a hotel that can offer enough rooms for the expected attendance. I guessing 30 to 50 rooms if we open this thing up, but you folks have had two meets since the last time I joined you, so tell me if that number is too low or too high.

If one of you will come up with a hotel in an acceptable location near some nice roads and a nice drive destination, I'll be happy to talk to managment and try to get a group rate. I can also work on putting together a diner for one night.

I don't know the Shenandoah Valley from Death Valley so I can't even make any comments about a good place.

This will be after April 15 (The Rob Rule) so everyone look at you calenders, pencil in the last two weekends, and report back here if one or the other is better.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Bill

There are two weekends in April after the 15th, the 23rd and the 30th. EIther is good, but the weekend of the 30th is probably better as it will probably be warmer.

I imagine we should have about 30 to 40 cars. Last year's Spring Fling was limited to 20 cars (I believe). I think 30 would be a good number. Three drive groups of 10 cars each.

The drive should be about 3 to 3 1/2 hours long and should be held on Saturday afternoon. Friday is good for a casual arrival, Saturday for the drive and evening dinner and socializing and Sunday for the drive home.

Perhaps we should invite Rick Hesel as our guest of honor.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by ralper,Oct 28 2004, 10:50 PM
Bill

There are two weekends in April after the 15th, the 23rd and the 30th. EIther is good, but the weekend of the 30th is probably better as it will probably be warmer.

I imagine we should have about 30 to 40 cars. Last year's Spring Fling was limited to 20 cars (I believe). I think 30 would be a good number. Three drive groups of 10 cars each.

The drive should be about 3 to 3 1/2 hours long and should be held on Saturday afternoon. Friday is good for a casual arrival, Saturday for the drive and evening dinner and socializing and Sunday for the drive home.

Perhaps we should invite Rick Hesel as our guest of honor.
Good ideas Rob. Let's start with the date. Is the weekend of April 30th good for everyone? Is Friday and Saturday night stay sufficient, or would some folks like Thursday and or Sunday night too? I could see Barbara and I going down on Thursday and/or staying Sunday night.

Quick Reply: When is Spring Fling?