S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you looking forward to?

Old 04-18-2006, 06:56 AM

Received 3,190 Likes on 1,844 Posts
Default What are you looking forward to?

We had a vacation thread a while back, many folks had interesting trips planned. While we all look forward to vacations and car meets, I'm sure we have other things going on in our lives that we enjoy. What are you looking forward to in the next several months? A vacation? A new car? A new home? Weddings? Babies? Retirement?

We have our vacation in AZ next week. REALLY looking forward to that. Our last vacation was Disney with the family. While it was great to be able to do that, it actually would not have been first on the list of places to spend our vacation time or money. We hereby pass the torch of Disney to Dean and his grandchildren as he is REALLY hoping to get there this summer.

We're looking forward to nicer weather and spending time together in the "S". We can take off for a day, two days, or just a couple hours, and it's all good. Of course, we look forward to the various meets that are coming up. Spring Fling can't get here soon enough. We will also attend the Nor'Easter and hopefuly others as well. It's also nice to enjoy a lazy summer afternoon sitting on our deck reading a book or having friends and family over for a cook out.

I think those of us who experience more of the four seasons may have a different way of thinking about what we look forward to at different times of the year.

I don't think Rick or I ever look forward to the end of the summer, but this year will be a bit different as we will have a new in the family around that time.

So what about you? What do you have going on that you are really looking forward to?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey8484,Apr 18 2006, 10:56 AM
Our last vacation was Disney with the family. While it was great to be able to do that, it actually would not have been first on the list of places to spend our vacation time or money. We hereby pass the torch of Disney to Dean and his grandchildren as he is REALLY hoping to get there this summer.
Thanks. I am indeed looking forward to that.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to finally deciding what I want to be when I grow up. Once again, I am back to talking to myself about what to do with me - go back to college, start teaching full time again, or start my own business.
I'm also looking forward to possibly showing up at the Nor'Easter and in a brand new Shelby Mustang at that (my brother has one on order, not me).
Old 04-18-2006, 07:56 AM

I'm looking forward to the possibility of you showing up at the Nor'Easter! That would be
Old 04-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,484 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Lainey, I've been tring to come up with things to look forward to, lately.

I'm not complaining, just being honest.

There is Spring Fling but that's a ways away. Andy has been buried with his normal job and our construction project so I'm lucky if he has the time to catch a movie on the weekend, let alone go anywhere.

I've been spending time with my dad, visiting him, or taking him to doctor's appointments, and getting used to answering the same questions over and over.

It's finally warming up here but I don't look forward to summer. I don't like summer here because it's too hot.

Right now, what I look forward to is driving my S. Or if I'm lucky, going on a drive with Andy and both S2000s.

I just like to go outside at night and look at the and s.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:02 AM

Hey Patty!

is always good for what ails you.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:03 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,484 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Yes it is. The S2000 is almost a magic pill.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:23 AM

I really really really want to add a room onto the back of the house to contain a large hot tub/spa. We stayed at a couple of motels on our way to Disney that had them in the room, and it was SO damned therapeutic!!!

I want to be able to use it year round, which precludes putting it on the patio, or in a gazebo type of thing. I've also seen small stand-alone buildings, but you still have to get from the house to the building, and in bad/cold weather it would not be pleasant.

Hence the desire to do an attached year-round room. We have a large window in the dining room that can be replaced by french doors, which would do nicely to separate the hot tub room from the rest of the house. With sufficient ventilation in the room, humidity and mold/mildew wouldn't be a problem. A fireplace would also be nice, along with a small sitting area and a small home theater system. Perhaps some display cabinets for my models too. Another door or set of french doors leading to the patio would complete the setting.

As far as how to finish it off, I'm thinking of Norweigian white pine tounge & groove, with a cathedral ceiling, and some sort of quarry tile floor.

The only hang up is we really don't know what the future holds for me, and we're going to wait until the current rounds of testing are done and we see how I am doing before deciding to do any planning. I don't want to saddle Hilly with the expense of doing this if the prospects are not good for me.

Anyway, that's the big dream we want to explore. If we do go ahead with it, it will be an early summertime project, so I can use it ASAP.

The only other thing that comes to mind is being able to spend as much time as possible in the S...

Tom
Old 04-18-2006, 11:10 AM

Tom,

That sounds neat. We are NOT looking forward to any construction/destruction projects in our house. Now that we did the kitchen, I'm "cured" for a while.

Hope you are tolerating this round of treatments better than the last and get some good test results.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:19 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I spend a lot of time with the Grandkids when I'm not on the road. It is fun but tiring. I don't know how Barbara does it. She watches them all day every Wednesday.

I'm looking forward to working on the Austin Healey, but I don't know when I'll have the time.

I'm really excited about the Nor'easter. We have almost 40 drivers and almost 35 +1s signed up already.

Rumor has it FC '06 will be in New Hampshire this year. If so, I am looking forward to track time in the S.

Most of all, I'm looking forward to my son continuing on the road to recovery and getting his life back.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:41 AM

Okay, short term...the first weekend in May I'll be going to Valey Forge PA for the Miniature Figure Collectors of America, an international competitive exhibition of painted historical figures. (Think toy soldiers with much more detail painted at the level of art.) I'll be there with several friends from my club and am looking forward to meeting a number of people I've gotten to know in the online forums.

Unfortunately, I have a commitment as head judge at another scale model event on the planned day of the Mohawk Trail S2K ride.

Next, Memorial Day at Lime Rock.

Then comes a week in Chatham in June.

ALMS at Lime Rock in July.

Longer term, well, in five and a half years, I'll reach the max in retirement dollars.

Quick Reply: What are you looking forward to?