S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing for New Year's Eve?

Old 12-30-2003, 07:43 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts
Default What are you doing for New Year's Eve?

We're staying home. E.W.A. and I have always found it to be the worst night of the year to go out. You pay extra money for the privilege of being treated badly and being served bad food. We usually stay home on New Year's Eve and take the kids into New York City on New Year's Day. We walk down 5th Avenue and look at the Christmas displays in the store windows. We usually end up at the tree in Rockefeller Center before we take the subway down to Chinatown for dinner, get our car and drive home.

Years and years ago (before we had kids) we used to go to 42nd Street and Times Square to watch the ball drop, but that was when we lived in the city and could get there by subway. That was also before the T.V. networks took it over and commercialized it. It was a big party in those days (and we were younger and maybe a bit more tolerant too).

Anyway, I'm curious. What are your plans?
Old 12-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

By the way, Happy New Year to everyone.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:53 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,483 Likes on 1,889 Posts

My husband took out the motorhome with our 4 dirtbikes and 2 German Shepherds to the desert near California City today. Tomorrow I will drive out with my two tennagers and my daughter's boyfriend. We have 3 groups of friends that will be coming out too. We will have a campfire and try to stay up or not. Depends on how cold it is and how tired we are.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:40 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Will probably spend the evening at home. Might make midnight, might not.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:31 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll be home with #2 son. At midnight I am dropping my pants and bending over so I can moon 2003 on the way out.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:41 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,747 Posts

^ Great idea, Carmen. I might do that myself....I'm not going out this year. Was invited to with friends, but it's a couples thing and I haven't been seeing my new friend long enough to be a couple yet. Will go to their house tomorrow for some food, drink and football.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have what's called a "Watch Night" at my church which we turn into a celebration party of thanks to God for seeing us through another year. It's an awesome time and I'll be there at midnight, baloons and all.

Happy New Year to all my new Vintage friends.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:00 AM

Our neighborhood always has a big street party on NYE. A little chilly but after a few toddies things always warm up
Old 12-31-2003, 01:46 PM

Get home, put my jeans on, run to the market with my wife for some fresh bread. Light a fire, open a bottle of champagne, watch the news while eating some "killer" pea soup I made with the christmas hambone. Watch a movie, in bed by 10. Sound boring? Probably to some! Life is OKAY. . . . ya know what I mean?
Old 12-31-2003, 02:44 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 809 Likes on 484 Posts

Staying home with hubby and after dinner (I'm making marinara sauce to serve over pasta with hot Italian bread with garlic butter), we'll sit in front of the fire in the fireplace, snuggle and try to stay awake for the midnight hour when we'll pop the champagne cork and toast. We'll thank God for another wonderful year together and pray for peace and happiness and an end to war in the coming year. May all my new/old Vintage friends have a wonderful New Year -- Blessings to you all!!!

Quick Reply: What are you doing for New Year's Eve?