S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

My weekend is going to be sun and mon as I needed a week day off to bring the S in for service. The Honda dealer were I take my S just opened a ford franchise so I think while my S is being serviced I'm going to mosey on over there and check out the new 5.0 Gt. I believe a test drive is in my future!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:39 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Autocross season begins Sunday!

Can't wait to drive the new car. I'll be co-driving this:

Old 04-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
I've posted this before, but planning on entering the Cool Cars for Cats & Canines Car Show in Hershey, PA on Saturday. Had the NSX professionally detailed today (just before the storms hit), and I must say, it looks the best it's ever looked! Driving up tomorrow afternoon to meet a couple of other NSX owners that have entered their cars into the show for drinks and dinner. I'll be sure to take lots of .

I'm aware that for you Cali folks, Cars & Coffee happens every weekend, but us Easterners have to take what we can get!
It was a really nice day for a good cause (although a little chilly) in central PA today. 99 various exotic cars showed up (lots of F cars), but still a pretty diverse group. Here are some of the pictures I took: Castaway Critters (slideshow)
Old 04-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

^ I'm glad your car show turned out fun, Gene.

Jerry and I took my NSX to a San Diego NSX drive today. There were 9 NSXs. The countryside is very green and the day was perfect for it. Did a lot of twisty roads, had a BBQ lunch and then drove up to the Palomar Observatory. We came home from there. I have some photos but they are still in the camera.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patty
glad to hear you had fun
that palomar road is my favorite.

plesae post some pics up here and facebook as well
tom
Old 05-01-2011, 06:23 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Trying to combine enjoying the S with less sitting on our tails. Last week we went to a local nature preserve and took a nice walk in the woods. At the start of the trail they had maps of preserves/reservations in other areas. We're taking a top down drive and we will be checking another one out today. Packing a lunch and the and we'll see what we see.

This one is on the to do list as well. Sounds as if it will be really nice once things start blooming around here.
Trails in the woods

We have some woods near our home and yesterday we took the grandkids for a walk. The grandson really gets into it. If we like the paths on the one we are going to today, we'll take them next weekend, weather permitting.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I have some photos but they are still in the camera.

Originally Posted by Lainey
Packing a lunch and the and we'll see what we see.
for both of your pic posts!
Old 05-01-2011, 03:48 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1304223359' post='20525271
I have some photos but they are still in the camera.

Originally Posted by Lainey
Packing a lunch and the and we'll see what we see.
for both of your pic posts!
Not a great pic day, Gene, put about to post a couple in the odds and ends thread.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:33 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

I took the S out Sun. for the first ride of the seaon headed to a gift shop near me to pick up a present for Mother's day. I pull into the parking lot and lo and behold there is a black S sitting there! (don't see many around here) Turns out its some one who posts here occasionally under the name rigatoni and his wife Colleen so we chatted for a while it was great to met them.
Monday I brought the S in new tire, oil change, inspection and I broke down and got her a new battery so she is good to go.
I checked out the mustangs at the new ford dealer they only have one which is sitting in the showroom its a california edition gt @ 37K Italked to the salesman and he said thats the first 5.0 they have gotten and that they aren't getting any more till LATE summer! Didn't make sense to me or the salesman either.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Didn't realize that Mother's Day is this Sun, not the next one, so had to hurry and order flowers last night. We will have a relaxing weekend before the +1 leaves on one of his business trips to Mobile, to check up on how the shipbuilding is going. If there is a Game 5 of the Caps/Lightning playoffs, we'll probably go out to the sports bar again on Sat.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?