S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Good to hear you enjoyed your road trip, lakersfan. We've taken many road trips in the S. It is great to see the scenery in the top down mode.
PS we put on almost 11K the first year we had the car and we didn't use it as a daily driver!
Me too! Thank god winter came, I would have been out of warranty the first year Love the S seats, they are the most comfortable of any car I have owned (why I was so disappointed with the new Civic and Insight).

The best way to remove the bugs, is detailer... spray it on and let it sit... gently rub off with soft cloth. Repeat until all the bugs are gone. Beware other cleaning methods you will end up with swirls

Funny I was never a detail nut until I got the Suzuka
Old 04-22-2011, 05:11 PM

I keep my car real clean (like reeeal clean) so it has never been this bad. That said, from 20', it probably looks like it's clean but it's just bugs, etc. on the front. I have never used a sponge, mitt or anything on it. Just the foam gun, let the snow it creates sit for a while, rinse off and then dry with a high quality microfiber. I do have some detailer that I recently bought so I can always use that (also have special application pads). I had the car professionally detailed in January and it was (and still is) 99+ swirl free so I want to keep it that way. I will try the detailer if the foaming soap proves unsuccessful. I was going to do it tonight but, wouldn't you know, the Lakers are on in about 30 minutes so it will have to wait until tomorrow. I hope all have a Happy Easter and/or Passover, whichever is appropriate.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:19 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Working on the flower garden today. Had the lawn guys put down pine staw yesterday and I think they buried all the garden lights and some of my plants. I'll be cleaning that up and planting some coreopsis and a few zinnias. Loving the gardening. I'm trying to plant more perennials this year so I won't have to worry about annuals next year. We'll see how that goes.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Rainy day on Cape Ann (the other cape in MA), so we went to the excellent Cape Ann Museum in Gloucester for a couple hours, and then to a local coffee shot called Lone Gull. Now waiting for the ham to finish cooking...as we're doing Easter dinner EARLY; have to take son Ben to Boston airport for a 3:30 flight....and it would be too rushed to do church + traditional dinner tomorrow. "You do what you gotta do"

Hope that most are having nicer weather than it is here in NE Massachusetts Should be a little better tomorrow....
Old 04-24-2011, 04:12 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by paS2K
Rainy day on Cape Ann (the other cape in MA), so we went to the excellent Cape Ann Museum in Gloucester for a couple hours, and then to a local coffee shot called Lone Gull. Now waiting for the ham to finish cooking...as we're doing Easter dinner EARLY; have to take son Ben to Boston airport for a 3:30 flight....and it would be too rushed to do church + traditional dinner tomorrow. "You do what you gotta do"

Hope that most are having nicer weather than it is here in NE Massachusetts Should be a little better tomorrow....
Glad for the weekend report, Jerry. Hope you enjoy your day and have great weather tomorrow!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:39 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

I know its early in the week to post weekend plans but I'm getting my S out next weekend so I'm very excited. (those that store there cars all winter will understand) I called the dealer and set up an appointment for next Monday to get an oil change and inspection and I'm going to order new tires from tire rack and have them put on. Sunday I'll put a fresh coat of wax on it before I take it out and go over the interior. I can't wait!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:06 AM

Hey Robb Do you bring the S to Bennington or Rutland?

I'm headed your way this weekend Going to Vermont to visit my mom. Haven't seen her since last June
Old 04-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Good for you, Robb! Had a lovely top-down drive yesterday. Spectacular weather - although warm. High was 87!

We are headed to the Nats/Giants game on Sun.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:37 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Tadashi
Hey Robb Do you bring the S to Bennington or Rutland?

I'm headed your way this weekend Going to Vermont to visit my mom. Haven't seen her since last June
I go to carbone in bennington I think I refered you to Robin there when you were first were moving to Bennington. I've been very happy with them.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:54 AM

Playing golf in a "Support Our Troops" outing. At Robson Ranch our SOT group invites 30 families up from Ft. Hood for an all expense paid weekend at Robson. Golf, all meals, housing, use of all facilities. Always a fun outing to be with our armed forces.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?