S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 03-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

What header did you get?

I hadn't driver my S for a month, so I'm having fun renewing acquaintance this weekend. Topless fun.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

So just shy of 9 years I swapped out the battery in the toy today.
Finally found he card with the radio code.
If I was really clever I'd probably do a spreadsheet with all the codes 'cuz I'm gonna lose one of them one of these days.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

I drove my NSX to Cars and Coffee this morning, and then to breakfast, with my nephew on the way, and my niece on the way home. Then I took the S2000 to the gym. I my blue Hondas.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
What header did you get?

I hadn't driver my S for a month, so I'm having fun renewing acquaintance this weekend. Topless fun.
I bought one of those J's Racing clones a year ago this month to replace an Invidia header. Finally got around to getting it installed today. Know anyone wanting a slightly used Invidia header?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:50 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Cool stuff Gene.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Cool stuff Gene.
Thanks, Lainey. I thought so, as well! Just wish I had remembered to bring my camera so I could have made some decent pics.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Not sure what happened, but here is my attempt to repost my previously edited post, which was completely screwed up after I tried to edit it:
Couple of Space Suit pics from the ILC presentation today: (boy, do these pics suck!!!)
The EVA (Extra Vehicular Activity) suit with my friend Sid who made the presentation:

A few facts:
The modern day suits are only used for EVA's. They are modular, and with all their component parts, will fit 99% of possible combinations of humans. Spare parts are carried on the Shuttle flights, to repair any damaged parts of the suits. They are designed to withstand temps of +- 300*F, and the back-pack, which is made by Hamilton-Standard, provides life support for up to 8 hours, with safety margins. The suit's fabric has about 10 layers, to protect against micro-meteor impact, temperature extremes, UV rays and the vacuum of space. Before an EVA, the astronauts pre-breathe oxygen for about 4 hours (to prevent the "bends" when they re-enter the Shuttle) Each suit is equipped with a hydration module (water supply), and a liquid absorption device (a sophisticated diaper.) Sid showed us some tools used for EVA activities (which have special parts designed to be used with the rather bulky gloves), the boots that have interlocking clips so that the astronauts can be anchored to the Shuttle during EVA's, and the generous use of Velcro to secure everything else to the suit.
All in all, a very interesting morning. BTW, ILC maintains an office in Houston to assure they are in constant contact with NASA during all STS missions.

Sorry I forgot to bring my camera to this presentation. Cell-phone cameras suck.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
<--- me, about Jerry's new car.

Cars and Coffee was not as populated as it usually is, this morning but there was a Ferrari F40 (?) and a few Lambos. Deciding whether to do weights now or go to the gym.
So, is Jerry going to weigh in and spill the beans. Porsche, Ferrari -- red Bemer? Interested people need to KNOW and see pics!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:20 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Really cool pics, Gene! I'd love to see one of those suits. Looking forward to Sue and Lainey moving in for their 3 to 6 month cycle on the east coast. I'm really loving the early spring and warmer temps. I'm sure that soon enough we'll all be whining about the heat.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I drove my NSX to Cars and Coffee this morning, and then to breakfast, with my nephew on the way, and my niece on the way home. Then I took the S2000 to the gym. I my blue Hondas.
Me too Yours and Mine
My S will be going to the gym with me again soon. Back under his cover right now. We are expecting yet another storm mid week

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?