S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 12-11-2013, 05:39 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1386798115' post='22918243
[quote name='mns2k' timestamp='1386790340' post='22917975']
Going to celebrate my retirement. 12/13 is my last day!!!!!!!!!!!! Look out Senior PGA Tour
Excellent!

A little bit of a somber weekend. Memorial service for my brother in law. I'm going to speak and share some stories about him. He was a lot of fun. I'm not very well versed (pun intended) in public speaking, but I regret not having said a few words when my mother in law passed away. She was a gem! I think I can bring some smiles to the faces of those attending and celebrate my brother in law's life. He would like that.
Sorry for your loss. You'll do great - never saw you at a loss for words.
[/quote]
Thanks, Dave. I usually do have plenty to say, don't I? I won't speak long enough for anyone to
Old 12-11-2013, 09:13 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Thanks, Dave. I usually do have plenty to say, don't I? I won't speak long enough for anyone to
Knock 'm dead, so to speak.

On a more serious note, sorry for your loss. I think I recall you mentioning his passing a bit ago, or maybe I'm not remembering right. I think you said he wouldn't want you crying. I found that touching.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by dean' timestamp='1386799275' post='22918279
I sold my much loved speakers today, so I'll be dismantling my system and packing up the speakers and sub this weekend. I have mixed feelings about it all. I'm going to miss this system, but I'm also looking forward to downscaling and simplifying things.

I'm probably going to be heading to Orlando for some window shopping this weekend as well. Rori has decided that she would really like me to set up a moderately sized marine reef aquarium for a corner of the new living room, so I'm going to look at a twenty-four inch cube aquarium that should fit the space she has in mind very nicely.

It surprises me somewhat that she came up with the idea on her own, without any prompting from me. Not that I'm complaining. I like the idea and it'll give me something else to do with my free time.
Find the right one and they do take care of you! Just be sure to send back the love.
I count mysel among the very fortunate everyday. Most especially in light of my track record with spouses/mates. Overall I've been what my mother calls an "asshole magnet". A trait that we both tend to share, unfortunately.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:54 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Lainey, a simple tip for public speaking.
Read through it a few times, aloud at home. before you have to publicly.
This will help you with knowing the timing and cadence and where you need to stop and breathe.
It will also get you through the tough parts emotionally having covered them a few times already.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
This will help you with knowing the timing and cadence and where you need to stop and breathe.
It will also get you through the tough parts emotionally having covered them a few times already.
Done, Jerry! Thank you.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by RMurphy
Knock 'm dead, so to speak.

On a more serious note, sorry for your loss. I think I recall you mentioning his passing a bit ago, or maybe I'm not remembering right. I think you said he wouldn't want you crying. I found that touching.
Thanks, Roseanne
Old 12-12-2013, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue' timestamp='1386849265' post='22919036
Done, Jerry! Thank you.
Very good advice. Lots of practice and repetition beforehand will allow you to get through your speech almost like cruising on autopilot. I wish you the best of luck with it and my condolences for your loss.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:57 AM

You guys are all the best. Thank you all.

The rest of our weekend will be fairly quiet. We may get some snow. I'm ready for the holiday, so I don't have to run around like a crazy woman.

Is anyone traveling for the holidays?
Old 12-12-2013, 05:14 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Is anyone traveling for the holidays?
Driving to Florida. Can't wait, I'm sick of winter already!

Trying to decide between snow tires, or put the summer all seasons back on.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:17 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

This weekend is more car prep for autocross next season. Off set ball joints, new front sway bar, and adjust ride height on the coilovers. Then I have to decide whether to do the alignment myself, or wait until spring and pay to have it done.

It is nice getting all the work done now instead of scrambling in April like I usually do.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?