S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 12-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Going with the +1 to his art class party Fri evening. Sat his son comes over for a last visit before heading to the U of Memphis. I promised to make my famous chicken gumbo. He leaves next Thurs. If I have time, I may attend the funeral Sat afternoon for a local Mid-A member who died the other day. Unfortunately, police reported that he was street racing and lost control of his S. I did not know him, but it might be nice to pay respects to his family.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:16 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by mns2k
Going to celebrate my retirement. 12/13 is my last day!!!!!!!!!!!! Look out Senior PGA Tour
Good for you Congrats
Levi
Old 12-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Old 12-11-2013, 12:41 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Going to celebrate my retirement. 12/13 is my last day!!!!!!!!!!!! Look out Senior PGA Tour
Excellent!

A little bit of a somber weekend. Memorial service for my brother in law. I'm going to speak and share some stories about him. He was a lot of fun. I'm not very well versed (pun intended) in public speaking, but I regret not having said a few words when my mother in law passed away. She was a gem! I think I can bring some smiles to the faces of those attending and celebrate my brother in law's life. He would like that.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sold my much loved speakers today, so I'll be dismantling my system and packing up the speakers and sub this weekend. I have mixed feelings about it all. I'm going to miss this system, but I'm also looking forward to downscaling and simplifying things.

I'm probably going to be heading to Orlando for some window shopping this weekend as well. Rori has decided that she would really like me to set up a moderately sized marine reef aquarium for a corner of the new living room, so I'm going to look at a twenty-four inch cube aquarium that should fit the space she has in mind very nicely.

It surprises me somewhat that she came up with the idea on her own, without any prompting from me. Not that I'm complaining. I like the idea and it'll give me something else to do with my free time.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:41 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

If you have lots of hobbies and interests in addition to golf, you will love it! Enjoy.

PS- I just got finished vacuuming the whole house. Does it get any better?
Old 12-11-2013, 02:41 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

You'll have plenty of time to shovel snow and mow your lawn.
Levi
Old 12-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,003 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by mns2k' timestamp='1386790340' post='22917975
Excellent!

A little bit of a somber weekend. Memorial service for my brother in law. I'm going to speak and share some stories about him. He was a lot of fun. I'm not very well versed (pun intended) in public speaking, but I regret not having said a few words when my mother in law passed away. She was a gem! I think I can bring some smiles to the faces of those attending and celebrate my brother in law's life. He would like that.

Sorry to hear Lainey!

I'll be down at a charity dart tournament in Philly. The USO is the beneficiary, and the goal is to get toys, cigars and money to help the troops and their families this holiday season.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by mns2k' timestamp='1386790340' post='22917975
Excellent!

Sorry for your loss. You'll do great - never saw you at a loss for words.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by dean
I sold my much loved speakers today, so I'll be dismantling my system and packing up the speakers and sub this weekend. I have mixed feelings about it all. I'm going to miss this system, but I'm also looking forward to downscaling and simplifying things.

I'm probably going to be heading to Orlando for some window shopping this weekend as well. Rori has decided that she would really like me to set up a moderately sized marine reef aquarium for a corner of the new living room, so I'm going to look at a twenty-four inch cube aquarium that should fit the space she has in mind very nicely.

It surprises me somewhat that she came up with the idea on her own, without any prompting from me. Not that I'm complaining. I like the idea and it'll give me something else to do with my free time.
Find the right one and they do take care of you! Just be sure to send back the love.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?