S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 11-29-2013, 01:06 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

I'll probably be doing some pre-Christmas browsing on the computer so I can be ready to pull the plug on Cyber Monday. Looking for stuff for some granddkids. Trying to decide whether to send the kids a check or to buy them something. Probably will send a check. We do like to buy some things for a few people, so I'll be hitting up Amazon and a few others. We'll see. Next on the agenda is cleaning out a filing cabinet in the office and moving it elsewhere. We bought ourselves a nice cherry filing cabinet to match the desk and its being delivered next week. That's our big Christmas splurge for ourselves. I'm also hoping that next week we can head south a little bit to visit Mepkin Abbey. I need a dose of asceticism.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:54 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

^
Val, I had to look that up! It does not sound like fun at all. Hope you at least have lunch while you are out.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:39 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lainey
^
Val, I had to look that up! It does not sound like fun at all. Hope you at least have lunch while you are out.
We scrubbed the Abbey trip. Weather doesn't look good for it. Mepkin Abbey is a lovely place about an hour from here. We've been wanting to visit since we enjoy going to old churches, etc. Monks still live there and maintain the place. It is very lovely.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9s1KgeN8b0Y
Old 11-30-2013, 01:19 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

The +1 decided to join a marathon training club that runs early Sat AMs rather than running on his own. He ran a half marathon (13 miles) for two weekends straight, then last Sat started running with the club (another 13 miles around town). But that one was a faster running group (he had trouble keeping up) that meets at the Iwo Jima. He realized his mistake when he noticed the other club running toward them (from their meeting point in Georgetown). He's got it straight now and is trotting over to Georgetown this AM. Today it's 12 miles. Supposed to go for 20 weeks. I think he's serious since he bought two new pairs of running shoes yesterday. I am impressed. In honor, I may walk to the market.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:38 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by MsPerky
The +1 decided to join a marathon training club that runs early Sat AMs rather than running on his own. He ran a half marathon (13 miles) for two weekends straight, then last Sat started running with the club (another 13 miles around town). But that one was a faster running group (he had trouble keeping up) that meets at the Iwo Jima. He realized his mistake when he noticed the other club running toward them (from their meeting point in Georgetown). He's got it straight now and is trotting over to Georgetown this AM. Today it's 12 miles. Supposed to go for 20 weeks. I think he's serious since he bought two new pairs of running shoes yesterday. I am impressed. In honor, I may walk to the market.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by valentine
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1385772869' post='22900760
^
We scrubbed the Abbey trip. Weather doesn't look good for it. Mepkin Abbey is a lovely place about an hour from here. We've been wanting to visit since we enjoy going to old churches, etc. Monks still live there and maintain the place. It is very lovely.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9s1KgeN8b0Y
I'm sure the Abbey is lovely. It was this asceticism that didn't sound like fun.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:34 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

I've been home a half an hour now. I'm bored.
Maybe I'll start cutting and sweating pipe to install the new pressure tank.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Don't make me go there and smack you!
Old 11-30-2013, 12:36 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Glad you are home. You are supposed to be resting!
Old 11-30-2013, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great plan. When you inevitably rupture your gut, can I have your lungs? You won't be needing them. And I'll promise to remember you fondly.

Learn to deal with the boredom for a while. A bit of boredom is a good thing after the trauma your body's been through. The bathroom will still be there after you've recuperated for a while.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?