S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 11-12-2013, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Sigh...guess I'm on my own. Thanksgiving is late this year, so I'd best get into gear. I really don't have a lot of shopping to do, and my grandchildren actually need nothing. I hate to add to the huge pile of stuff they already have. I'm thinking of picking up a few things for the kids and then possibly purchasing passes to a Six Flags amusement park for the family. They usually go there once or twice a year.
That's a good idea. I'm getting my kids family passes for Disney's Animal Kingdom. Then they have to come down here to use them. They get Disney and I get to spend time with my grandkids. That way we all get something nice for a belated Xmas when they come down in March.
Beyond that, I don't think Rori and I will be doing much for Xmas, except dinner with our mothers.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:47 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

We buy a gift or two for the grandchildren and we usually send $$ or a gift card to the kids. We have a couple of friends that we like to get a small gift for, but we generally do not give each other gifts. If we're in the mood or really want something we just get it and call it our Christmas present. The thing I really enjoy is having all the Christmas "stuff" out. We've always enjoyed acquiring a collection of ornaments and music boxes that have accumulated over the years. It is nice to put them out, enjoy them for the season and then moan and groan about putting them away.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:15 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Jim, I'm waiting to hear how it all turns out for Nick. He was playing soccer in Costa Rica? For who? School or club or?

Jerry (Bolt-on Blue), I always love to read your posts. Every one of them.

Oh, and what are the plans for that counter now?
Thanks, Patty. Nick was playing futbol at his HS in Costa Rica.

Good news. He does not have to have surgery on the ankle. Four ligaments are torn, one completely; but at his age the ankle is expected to repair itself with time. He will be in the boot for a while longer, and then will need to wear the lace-up brace when doing sports activities until the ankle stabilizes completely.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1384015319' post='22869256
Jim, I'm waiting to hear how it all turns out for Nick. He was playing soccer in Costa Rica? For who? School or club or?

Good news. He does not have to have surgery on the ankle. Four ligaments are torn, one completely; but at his age the ankle is expected to repair itself with time. He will be in the boot for a while longer, and then will need to wear the lace-up brace when doing sports activities until the ankle stabilizes completely.
Damn Jim I am sorry to hear that. I messed up an ankle when I was playing basketball when I was about 17 . . . and not as bad as his sounds. For me it became a life long issue that only got worse as time went on.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1384015319' post='22869256

Oh so, he goes to high school in Costa Rica? I'm glad he doesn't need surgery.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:32 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Glad Nick is OK. I'm sure he's pretty uncomfortable. That kind of thing can hurt like heck even if there is no broken bone.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Glad he's not needing surgery, Jim. Hope it heals well. I'm sure he hates the boot! I finally threw mine away this week (actually I accidentally donated it along with a couple/dz pairs of shoes I sent to the Salvation Army). Hated, hated that thing!
Old 11-14-2013, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt is "mowing the grass" but really is going to mulch the leaves on our lawn. I hope this is the last of this as he hates doing it!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

I'm off to Kennedy Meadows for two nights but will be back in time to make brownies and lemon bars for another NSX drive on Sunday. We all loved the lunch so much two weeks ago, we're going to do it again.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Sticking to my plans and hope to get the Christmas tree up and the decorations out. The detail shop is coming to pick up my car Friday evening and won't bring it back until Saturday afternoon so I can get the ladder out of the garage to put the decorations on the tree. I've never sent my cars out for waxing, etc. but just do not have the back for it anymore.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?