S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 11-09-2013, 11:42 AM

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Spent most of today installing under cabinet lighting. Now I need to head out and pickup some more supplies to relocate a plug and telephone jack.

Had to wait around today for the appliances to be delivered. They finally showed up an hour late.

Oh the fun of kitchen remodelling!
Old 11-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Jerry (Bolt-on Blue), I always love to read your posts. Every one of them.

Oh, and what are the plans for that counter now?
I was actually fairly constructive in getting rid of crap today. Always a personal achievement since I have a hoarder streak in me.
I brought the old broken snow blower to the transfer station where the guy was more than happy to take it with hopes of fixing it up for himself.
Then I made the next trip with a bunch of pressure treated scraps out of the workshop along with the cut up counter parts.

Next up are the second and third floor bathrooms.
The third floor just has a vanity top and it's already on order.
Now my beloved has to get around to picking faucets pretty quickly.....
Old 11-09-2013, 06:03 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I think I might have to break down the box pile today.
I've made it a habit since back in my hi-fi retail days of saving the packing material on bigger electronics purchases.
This was handy when my onkyo had to go back to manufacturer for repair.
Over time however, the pile can get kind of big and periodically I have to decide the value of unit and if I would repair it.
that old monitor? toss it.

maybe Lainey can come help
Ha!!I hung on to the old flat screen monitor. I don't always throw away stuff. I put the monitor outside with a free sign this afternoon. No takers. I'll try again tomorrow and see if it disappears. If not, I'll toss it.

I must admit to saving a few boxes,but small ones, not the big ones. I have the box my Nuvi came in, along with the boxes for my camera, lenses and iphone.

The only constructive thing I did today was a load or two of laundry, so I guess I was just too busy to help you, Jerry.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by boltonblue' timestamp='1383995876' post='22869061
I've made it a habit since back in my hi-fi retail days of saving the packing material on bigger electronics purchases.
Over time however, the pile can get kind of big and periodically I have to decide the value of unit and if I would repair it.

Ha!!I hung on to the old flat screen monitor. I don't always throw away stuff. I put the monitor outside with a free sign this afternoon. No takers. I'll try again tomorrow and see if it disappears. If not, I'll toss it.

I must admit to saving a few boxes,but small ones, not the big ones. I have the box my Nuvi came in, along with the boxes for my camera, lenses and iphone.

The only constructive thing I did today was a load or two of laundry, so I guess I was just too busy to help you, Jerry.
^Didn't you PM me that you did Zumba, too? I call that very constructive. Your body is happy.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1384052591' post='22869741
[quote name='boltonblue' timestamp='1383995876' post='22869061']

^Didn't you PM me that you did Zumba, too? I call that very constructive. Your body is happy.
[/quote]
Well I did, but my body would be happy if I did Zumba and stopped feeding it so much junk food.

I was also on line buying my +1 shoes from Zappos and hoping they fit as he really, really, would rather not go shopping. I paid some bills too. Maybe I was more constructive than I thought.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

^ I understand. I did my 35 mile ride up Santiago Canyon but then hit the Menage a Trois wine. Does that even out the calories? Regardless, my head and body are feeling good right now.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Sitting in our lovely room overlooking the Potomac River, waiting for the +1 to catch the bus for Mount Vernon. Race starts at 7 am. He should arrive back here at National Harbor about 9:15.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:59 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

today my goal is to template at least two walls of the shower and maybe even get the wedi board cut and installed.
I've been procrastinating mightily on this. I want it to be perfect and the materials are somewhat expensive.
I suspect a pro would be done with the whole thing in an about an hour.
The back wall will be a little more "fun" because I have to box in the little alcove around the insert for the shampoo bottles.

and of course the Pats have a bye week and there is no Formula 1 today.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:30 AM

^ I understand. I did my 35 mile ride up Santiago Canyon but then hit the Menage a Trois wine. Does that even out the calories? Regardless, my head and body are feeling good right now.
I vote yes!
Old 11-10-2013, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be cranking up the Oxygen concentrator and installing ceiling tile in the guest bedroom today. I can get the house closer to being ready to sell and get my cardio at the same time.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?