S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 10-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
Thanks is there a particular brand or model (electric) that you'd recommend?
I have this Stihl back-pack model,
but I think that would be overkill for just drying the car, unless you have a lot of leaves and/or debris to blow, like Jerry & I do. Probably one of those hand-held electric blowers at Lowes or Home Depot would suffice, though a gas powered one would probably be better.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by dean' timestamp='1382810960' post='22847811
Thanks is there a particular brand or model (electric) that you'd recommend?
I have this Stihl back-pack model,
but I think that would be overkill for just drying the car, unless you have a lot of leaves and/or debris to blow, like Jerry & I do. Probably one of those hand-held electric blowers at Lowes or Home Depot would suffice, though a gas powered one would probably be better.
That one looks like it would be serious overkill for me and my tiny, paved (paving stones) courtyard lot. No leaves to blow around at the new place, as the lawn service takes care of what little cleanup may be required.
If I'm ever allowed near a HD or Lowes again, I'll check out the electrics.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Just took some amazing pics from the balcony of the skydivers at the Marine Corps Marathon. There were about eight of them, one with a huge American flag, and others with smaller ones. They landed on the highway at the start of the race. Will post pics later.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F1 racing!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:52 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Originally Posted by plantpixie

F1 racing!
Son of a ....
I recorded the replay of qualifying not the *&$%# race itself.

at least it will be replayed later today. now i just have to make sure I don't see any news results all day.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:51 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Just took some amazing pics from the balcony of the skydivers at the Marine Corps Marathon. There were about eight of them, one with a huge American flag, and others with smaller ones. They landed on the highway at the start of the race. Will post pics later.
We'll be watching for them!

Old 10-27-2013, 08:55 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Once again I'm sitting on the floor in the laundry room waiting for Zion to come out and eat. In the meantime, as I try to gently acclimate this kitten to my house, my other cat has taken to peeing on rugs. I guess she's marking her territory. I knew she wasn't going to be happy about a new kitten but that's worse than I expected.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:51 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Once again I'm sitting on the floor in the laundry room waiting for Zion to come out and eat. In the meantime, as I try to gently acclimate this kitten to my house, my other cat has taken to peeing on rugs. I guess she's marking her territory. I knew she wasn't going to be happy about a new kitten but that's worse than I expected.
Oh no! Sounds like you need help from the "Cat Whisperer" or whoever the Animal Planet weird guy is. I stopped at the Humane Society yesterday with the grandkids. I had hoped we could give a few kitties a little lovin'. However some cats had the sniffles so they weren't allowing them to be handled. They had some great looking kitty cats there, but I managed to leave without putting in to adopt another.

I'm still OK with just one kitty.

Today I puttered around, gave the guest room a good cleaning. BORING, but needed doing. We had thought about taking a spin in the S, but I finished up later than I thought, then Mom needed an errand done, and it was just too darn late. Next weekend better be more fun than this one. I'm going to work tomorrow to rest.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Thinking about taking the NSX to this drive Saturday after next. We had an excellent brunch today at the ending spot, the Four Dogs Tavern. A really nice, fall day driving the NSX through some of the heavily wooded and twisty roads of southern PA. We were disappointed, though, that there was very little color to the leaves yet. The only pic I took:

In case you didn't scroll down into the post I linked, here are the "rules" for the drive:

Beginning in March of 1927, brave men in open cockpits braved the elements for days on end as they competed in the Mille Miglia 1000 mile drive across Italy.

In 1947, in order to fund his racing program, Enzo reluctantly produced his first road car. It had no top, no amenities whatsoever, and was a thinly disguised race car.

In 1968, ferrari introduced Air Conditioning and Power Steering to the American Market
In 1976, Ferrari introduced the first car with an automatic transmission.
On August 14, 1988, Enzo Ferrari died.
In 1987, Ferrari introduced ABS into its road cars.
In 1996, Ferrari introduced traction control
In 2009, Ferrari produced its first car with cupholders
In 2010, Ferrari announced it would no longer make manual transmissions in its new 8 cylinder line--the 458.

Do you see where I am going with this... For one day, lets eschew modern conveniences, enjoy our cars in the elements in the first annual FROSTY BALLS DRIVE.

The seasonal colors should still be in full bloom and it should be thoroughly entertaining.

This will be a casual drive. Enjoying the scenery, etc.

Here are the rules.

For coupes:

If you have power steering, than you can't use the heater, but you can keep the windows closed.

If you have a flappy paddle gear shifter, you must keep the windows open, but can use the heater.

If you have cupholders, either factory or aftermarket, you must keep the windows open AND NO HEATER.

If you have a convertible or Targa---you must drive with the top down. Beyond that, things will suck enough for you, so take advantage of whatever amenities you have

If you use your radio, bluetooth, cell phone, navigation or anything else that plugs into anything, you will be punted from the drive.

The real test is who can brave the elements the best. The winner, will be the person who braves the elements with the least amenities and the most exposure. For those of you in modern cars, I suggest a T-shirts and shorts.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:43 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

^
I love it, Gene! The restaurant looks cool too!

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?