S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 07-14-2013, 03:47 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
Originally Posted by S1997' timestamp='1373750608' post='22664326
A soft-top-kick-ass-yellow-streak!!

Actually, I gots ENVY!
I'm much happier with the hardtop. I don't need to be breathing exhaust gases while driving around town.

On a completely different topic, Mike and I have been talking about a possible get-together on Anna Maria Island in September. Nothing concrete yet, but keep an eye on your September schedule, if you're able.
Thanks! It sounds like a great occasion! I love you guys, but I don't see how it is going to be possible for me this time.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^!I sent you a couple more pics to post of picking up the new car and saying goodbye to the old one.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by dean
^!I sent you a couple more pics to post of picking up the new car and saying goodbye to the old one.
"Picking up new car"

"Saying goodbye to an old friend"

How sad.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:19 AM

Thanks. It was rather sad, really. Over nine years of driving almost nothing but that car. All the salespeople were drooling over it. And they all thought I was crazy as a bedbug and was terminally OCD. Although, I left all the aftermarket parts on it, Rori and I showed up with the Camry packed to the gills with ALL the factory parts that originally came with the car, including the original dealer's window sticker that listed all the features, specs, etc..
The only thing I left at home was the original OEM exhaust. It wouldn't fit in the Camry. I even showed up with fresh bottles of Amsoil MTF and differential lube, a new cabin air filter, gaskets, etc. that I had bought with the intention of doing some maintenance, before the feces impacted the fan for me.. Someone is going to get him/her self a nice S2000.

Ironically, I've gone from being an S owner to becoming another (MC)S owner. I didn't feel like putting a lot of thought into naming it, so I simply went with MC Esser. Hippies with a bent for science or math, and an appreciation for trompe l'oeile should get the reference.

I also thought of going with "White Power", but I had a this vague premonition that name could prove to be problematic.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:03 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Loved the pictures, Dean. I decided to forego going to the Mad Dogs/Mini meet today.

On a trip to Ohio a couple days ago the brake lights went out on the MG. I looked at the likely places Mr. Lucas enjoys playing the Got'jah games. Then during the process everything returned to normal. How did that happen? I didn't really find and fix anything. I suspect a bad ground or loose ground. Or, a partially separated wire that works cold but fails after heating up and separating the strands. I think I've got my work cutout to solve this one.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Loved the pictures, Dean. I decided to forego going to the Mad Dogs/Mini meet today.

On a trip to Ohio a couple days ago the brake lights went out on the MG. I looked at the likely places Mr. Lucas enjoys playing the Got'jah games. Then during the process everything returned to normal. How did that happen? I didn't really find and fix anything. I suspect a bad ground or loose ground. Or, a partially separated wire that works cold but fails after heating up and separating the strands. I think I've got my work cutout to solve this one.
Thanks. I'm sorry you didn't make it to the meet. I was looking forward to some pics.

As for Mr. Lucas, he wasn't called, "The Prince of Darkness", for nothing.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

^^^ I like it. Nice play on words! Books like Gödel, Escher, Bach were favorites back in the day, but you might leave a lot of folks behind. -- and Germans might read it as 'MC eater'!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

It's HOT BODY time. Next weekend is the Intl Miami Swim Show. I have to go.....

My inbox is flooded with invitations covered in swim suit models.

My life is hard. This feels like work. I must be getting old....

I'm already practicing my lines.

"Could you turn please and bend? I want to see if the suit rides up."

I hate my job.

fltsfshr
Old 07-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997
Originally Posted by dean' timestamp='1373805236' post='22664911
"Picking up new car"

"Saying goodbye to an old friend"

How sad.

Very sweet pics. I felt myself tearing up a bit looking at them. Well, its time to move on and you certainly have chosen a great new car. She's a beauty and I'm glad you chose MC Esser instead of w power. Congrats and happy driving!
Old 07-15-2013, 10:33 AM

The angle of that picture makes the front end of the Mini look like a guppy.

Congrats and happy motoring.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?