S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
...At least they're getting something, I guess. A lot more than I got as a kid. We were so poor that if I didn't wake up in the morning with an erection, I had nothing to play with all day.

I'll show myself out.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Old 07-11-2013, 11:41 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

This weekend is going to be busy. I got invited to join a friend who has a CR and two tickets to the big CR event in SoCal this weekend so I'm doing that on Saturday and I feel very lucky for the opportunity. My friend is so excited about the track day Sunday and I wish I could go to provide moral support for that, but I have a laundry list of things to do Sunday which, ironically, even includes laundry! I need to prep stuff for a camping trip the following weekend (first time since I was a little kid), run errands, read up on some new responsibilities I have in a certain online forum, research tires, and meet with a friend who has graciously offered some parking space for me until I can get a proper storage spot to make room for my new addition...

...a 2005 Lotus Elise in lovely Storm Titanium color (aka dark metallic silver).

My official mid-life crisis car.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:17 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:49 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
This weekend is going to be busy. I got invited to join a friend who has a CR and two tickets to the big CR event in SoCal this weekend so I'm doing that on Saturday and I feel very lucky for the opportunity. My friend is so excited about the track day Sunday and I wish I could go to provide moral support for that, but I have a laundry list of things to do Sunday which, ironically, even includes laundry! I need to prep stuff for a camping trip the following weekend (first time since I was a little kid), run errands, read up on some new responsibilities I have in a certain online forum, research tires, and meet with a friend who has graciously offered some parking space for me until I can get a proper storage spot to make room for my new addition...

...a 2005 Lotus Elise in lovely Storm Titanium color (aka dark metallic silver).

My official mid-life crisis car.
Double congratulations, Roseanne! On the new Moderator badge and on the new Lotus!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:52 AM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Thanks! Very much looking forward to the new happenings in my world! :-)
Old 07-12-2013, 09:22 AM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

will be cleaning up water damage from the Monday Monsoon here in Toronto. House wise only some drywall and Carpets Car wise looks like the BRZ is going to the big car show in the sky. Joanne got caught in a flash flood and the car will probably be written off
Old 07-12-2013, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The S2000 is detailed and waiting patiently in the driveway for our last trip tomorrow morning. I'm scheduled to be at the dealer at 10:00 AM. I'm hoping that by noon tomorrow I'll be well on my way to earning my first speeding ticket. Then I'm off in search of a reputable window tinting shop. Any recommendations as to which is the best type/brand to use? I know nothing about such things.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:18 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Congrats, Dean!!

We are taking the grandson to a car show tonight. About 500 cars. That should keep him busy for a while. We will likely "dine" at a roadside ice cream/hot dog joint. What more could a seven year old ask for?

Tomorrow, the Y, time with grandkids and not much else planned yet. Maybe an early evening cruise out to dinner in the S2000.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:52 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by RMurphy
This weekend is going to be busy. I got invited to join a friend who has a CR and two tickets to the big CR event in SoCal this weekend so I'm doing that on Saturday and I feel very lucky for the opportunity. My friend is so excited about the track day Sunday and I wish I could go to provide moral support for that, but I have a laundry list of things to do Sunday which, ironically, even includes laundry! I need to prep stuff for a camping trip the following weekend (first time since I was a little kid), run errands, read up on some new responsibilities I have in a certain online forum, research tires, and meet with a friend who has graciously offered some parking space for me until I can get a proper storage spot to make room for my new addition......a 2005 Lotus Elise in lovely Storm Titanium color (aka dark metallic silver).My official mid-life crisis car.
Hmmm........wasn't aware of a CR meet this weekend. The one I'm attending is next week in SoCal, is that perhaps the one your referring to Roseanne?

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?