S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 07-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
^ Thanks. We spent the afternoon at Ikea yesterday, and it was about what I expected. We can furnish the entire house with furniture, while keeping very few things from this house, for about $3200. However, the custom recliners from Maine I want are also going to cost nearly that much for the pair, including the delivery charge to get them down here from Freeport, ME. Oh well, I'd just squander the money on strippers and crack, anyway, so I'm probably going to get them.

You'll not regret the splurge and you probably couldn't possibly enjoy the strippers and crack as much as you'll enjoy the recliners. I splurged on a custom leather recliner for +1 when we moved here. He's enjoyed it immensely and even spends some nights sleeping in it. Great for his back and I enjoy knowing he's enjoying it so much. No regrets.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How far are the new digs from the Microtel? I imagine those pavers will be about the temperature of molten lava this time of year in mid afternoon. No barefootin.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by raymo19
How far are the new digs from the Microtel? I imagine those pavers will be about the temperature of molten lava this time of year in mid afternoon. No barefootin.
Actually, the pavers don't get all that hot. There are a couple of fully grown trees, and there's also a screened-in patio area at the back of the house. So between the house itself, the surrounding wall, the trees, and the patio, there's quite a bit of shade.
The new house is less than than ten miles from the Microtel. The Microtel is probably about halfway between this house and the new one, which is to the north of here. But I hope you two are planning to come down long before we move.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by valentine
You'll not regret the splurge and you probably couldn't possibly enjoy the strippers and crack as much as you'll enjoy the recliners. I splurged on a custom leather recliner for +1 when we moved here. He's enjoyed it immensely and even spends some nights sleeping in it. Great for his back and I enjoy knowing he's enjoying it so much. No regrets.
How do you know he has no regrets about buying the chair? Did you give him a choice? Recliner, or strippers and crack?
Then again, sleeping on a stripper probably wouldn't be nearly as good for his back as the recliner. So it's likely you made the right choice.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:44 PM

I ain't touching this. Although...
Old 07-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by dean
Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='1372713570' post='22641698
How do you know he has no regrets about buying the chair? Did you give him a choice? Recliner, or strippers and crack?
Then again, sleeping on a stripper probably wouldn't be nearly as good for his back as the recliner. So it's likely you made the right choice.

Once again you're probably right. He had no choice. OTOH, he'd told me many times he wanted a recliner and never mentioned strippers and crack. I'll have to inquire.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:23 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Glad I stopped by for the AM Dean show!
Old 07-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Ok. I asked +1 if he'd rather have the recliner or strippers and crack. He had to think about it for a while and then said, I'm too old for strippers and crack, so I'll keep the recliner. Of course, his response was completely serious with no smiles or laughter. Serious as death.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:48 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
Ok. I asked +1 if he'd rather have the recliner or strippers and crack. He had to think about it for a while and then said, I'm too old for strippers and crack, so I'll keep the recliner. Of course, his response was completely serious with no smiles or laughter. Serious as death.
I didn't think men were ever too old to watch strippers. The crack can be tough on the body though.

Here's an idea for someone on a budget deciding between strippers and a fancy recliner. How about a subscription to Playboy? One could look at the pictures while sitting in his recliner. Best of both worlds.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Oh, I'm sure Dean wasn't planning on watching. I don't think +1's into looking at pics. He enjoys the pretty girls at the beach and I'm happy for him. I know he's coming home with me.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?