S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 05-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,494 Likes on 1,161 Posts

What am I doing this coming weekend? Sleeping late Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:02 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

EOM Drive on Sunday.

Probably catch up on laundry on Monday. Perhaps drive down to the local Veteran's cemetery.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:16 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Skipping square dancing for a symphony pops concert "South Pacific" on Saturday night after donating blood that afternoon. Sunday afternoon will be an East Coast Swing dance group lesson then at a second location an evening West Coast Swing lesson and dance. Monday looks like house chores, laundry and yard work. It is my first paid holiday in over a year.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:37 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
It is my first paid holiday in over a year.
That must make you breathe a sigh of relief!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Forgot it is Rolling Thunder on Sun. Always an event - usually 400 or 500K motorcycles in town. They are everywhere!
Old 05-24-2013, 02:01 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

We just survived Harley week that ended last weekend. They appeared to be having a great time and the weather was good. We're trying to spend more time at the beach, so hoping to spend some time at the beach this weekend.

Edit: Booooo, next week I need to clean, clean my house. Company is coming the end of the week. Boooo is for the cleaning, not the company.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

apparently I'll be chilling in this very nice. " hotel "room this weekend where I've been a guest for the last two days. The staff seems pleasant enough but they go over the top a bit coming in at all hours of the night to check how you're doing. Their reception area service was awful as I had to wait almost 2 hours to begin the check-in and another 2 hours to actually get into my room.
It comes complete with an IV drip with antibiotica however
Their room service is rather crappy since I am still waiting for my first meal and they tell me I can't get any food or water for another day or two.

Maybe I should be posting in Bill's "I'm fat thread since it appears I may be shedding a few pounds by the time this adventure is over.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:28 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
apparently I'll be chilling in this very nice. " hotel "room this weekend where I've been a guest for the last two days. The staff seems pleasant enough but they go over the top a bit coming in at all hours of the night to check how you're doing. Their reception area service was awful as I had to wait almost 2 hours to begin the check-in and another 2 hours to actually get into my room.
It comes complete with an IV drip with antibiotica however
Their room service is rather crappy since I am still waiting for my first meal and they tell me I can't get any food or water for another day or two.

Maybe I should be posting in Bill's "I'm fat thread since it appears I may be shedding a few pounds by the time this adventure is over.
Jerry, you have to learn how to have fun on a weekend. Your approach is kind of sucky right now.

Feel better.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:32 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

So hope you're better FAST.

One of the nice things about living here is that we can go over to the beach early in the a.m. before the screaming hordes arrive and enjoy a little peace, listen to the roar of the sea and read, walk, bask in the sun and then come home. We've enjoyed the beach for an hour or two the past few days. Its great and I'll be heading over after my morning walk. Looking forward to it.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:43 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Our weekend plans for digging in the dirt have been re-thought, at least until tomorrow. It's only 44 degrees here this AM and windy. Not a good day to plant young plants.

So this morning I'll putter in the house, make a pasta salad for a cookout we are going to tonight and maybe find some dust bunnies and advise them their time is up.

Tomorrow should be a much better weather day.

Tried a new to us Italian Restaurant last night. I had an excellent pasta primavera with herbs, garlic, olive oil and some shrimp that was so fresh, very good meal.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?