S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 04-27-2013, 01:25 PM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

Zaino day around here Clay barred the Abarth, BRZ and a partial on the S2000 (new paint on rear bumper ) Then got out the Zaino and got to work Then put the new Hero 3 in Honda with a remote microphone and took it for a short drive to test
Old 04-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

played 18 this morning ( after a promising start ot he seaso, it got ugly quickly)

Finally started construction phase of the master shower.
The top of one of hte joists had a little damage and getting it all to level out right was brutal but new subfloor is in.
I'll try and get the plumbing in tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:35 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by fltsfshr
Not much club around here
This was the post I was referring to. Last post was over a year ago. I belonged for several years. I did get a couple cool key chains out of it.

fltsfshr
Not much S2KCA "club" around the LA area either so I saw no real reason to join. Nothing against clubs (I like 'em fine) but no one seems to ever post in the LA region so it certainly appears there is no one here. I occasionally talk to the crickets when I update the EOM Drive announcement, but that's about it.

Oh... yeah, I guess that is happening this weekend - EOM Drive. Oddly enough, I'm going to be riding shotgun in someone else's car this weekend because I didn't get the S in for brake pads this week. Too busy with work stuff.

In other news, I had a Lotus Elise put through a pre-purchase inspection today. No real surprises. Nice car. One or two issues, but I knew about them already. The biggest hurdle at this point might be price. Seller is fond of the car (understandably so) and isn't under any great pressure to sell (although he does have an Evora on order which should be coming in about two months), but KBB has a different value on the Elise than he does, so chances are what I will be offering will be a little disappointing to him. We'll see.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

^^^ Great car. Good luck!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

^ :iagree; However, I would need an engine hoist to get in and out of the Lotus. The high door sill is a killer to me.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:27 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Autocross tomorrow!!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:44 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Yesterday I washed and waxed the S to show to an interested party today. I was surprised how good it looks, still like new in most respects. No major scratches or dings, none. I even washed the inside of the hood along with the engine. Somebodies going to get a 13 year old car that looks about 2 years old. When I finished, I told the +1 maybe we should keep it. And I didn't quote the guy a high enough price, darnnit.

Not enough garage space to keep though, with 4 cars, a jetski and a tractor, the tractor has been put outside.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:57 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Sounds like a good excuse to put up a barn. I'll bet you can write it off.

Check with your CPA.

fltsfshr
Old 04-28-2013, 07:11 AM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

Flts,
did you see the post about the alligator crossing the road? After we left your fair city last fall, we passed about 20 buzzards having dinner at the side of the road. They were enjoying a huge alligator that must have been hit by a truck. I wanted to stop for pictures, but the +1 had no desire to wait.
Something you see all the time, I'll bet, but extraordinary for west coasters.

My CPA says I don't need a barn, just fewer toys.

Morris
Old 04-28-2013, 07:29 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

I would sure hate to hit one at speed, especially a big one.

There's a tale they tell around here about some high school kids hot rodding down a canal road. They ran over the tail of a huge gator. It threw their car into the canal. They were trapped in the car and it was sinking. Suddenly a giant gator head smashed through the window snapping and thrashing. That gator was mad.

With the window smashed the pressure equalized and they all escaped out the other side while the gator head was stuck in the door.

The next day they pulled out the car and there were giant gator teeth stuck in the steering wheel.

Damn must be prom time.

fltsfshr

PS You can never have too many toys.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?