S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, things have been relitively quiet at your place. Nice to hear. The tibia thing sounds like a big adjustment..you going for the automatic in the new car? I had a problem with my tibia once, something about leaving a perfectly good airplane. I was in a cast for quite some time before they decided surgery was my only option. It did heal pretty good and except for the deformity it works good too. I hope your's is also working up to speed. The sofware update sounds like things worked out for the best. Congrats on the new...

We still try to make two trips a year up into the mountains, although this year with a new grandson, grandma is staying a little closer to home. We're looking at a fall peeper trip some time in Oct. but nothing solid yet.

Still working although I am "thinking" retirement now but nothing immediate. I'm one of the odd ones that likes to work. Plus I like money for hobbies.

dvh
Old 04-18-2013, 11:09 AM

^ An automatic is all I'll consider these days. I hope to go test drive a Mini Cooper S with AT this weekend. The closest Mini dealer is in Orlando, so we plan to make a day of it.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rdrunner
Mike, No Pontiac, but I am driving a Chevrolet now. Seeing the USA and all. We needed something a little bigger.

How's everything going with you guys? It's been quite awhile.

dvh
I was making fun of your old Z car with the Pontiac reference. Which Chevy did you end up with?

As for us we're still in the same place doing pretty much the same things. I'm trying to figure out the when and if about retirement too. At the current rate of expenditure 2045 is looking pretty good.

We're looking at a trip down your way in late summer. We should all try to hook up if it pans out.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:48 PM

Dean, How about paddle shifters? They seem to be putting them on everything these days. Susan has them on her SUV, to what end I'll never know, but they came standard.

Mike,,,Yea, I got the thinly veiled jealousy. We stumbled across a deal on 2011 Corvette we just couldn't resists. So off went the Z.
I think it would be great to see you all again this summer or any time for that matter..we need to keep in touch and make it happen.

dvh
Old 04-18-2013, 12:55 PM

I'm in. We could all meet at my place. If for no other reason than it would be very convenient for me.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 PM

By bigger I thought you meant you needed more seating space. Silly me.

So which Corvette model is it?
Old 04-18-2013, 01:15 PM

I'm up for Wildwood, or whatever that place is called.

It's a Grand Sport Vert, automatic...didn't get a chance to do much research before we bought or we may have backed out...it's a little more than we need. But it sure is fun. It does have more space too. The ride is about the same as the Z so Susan's back can handle it and the with the automatic she drives it a lot more.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:54 PM

I don't care where we meet but I'm going to the beach somewhere. That place in St. Pete Beach you led us to was nice. What is the name and how is it in late summer?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by raymo19
I don't care where we meet but I'm going to the beach somewhere. That place in St. Pete Beach you led us to was nice. What is the name and how is it in late summer?

http://www.sirata.com/

It's a great place..I could go for that too. We don't get to the beach often enough. I think I'll make a point of that this year. The sunsets are really nice.

Good Idea

dvh
Old 04-18-2013, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rdrunner
I'm up for Wildwood, or whatever that place is called.
It's the Democratic Republic of Bongo Fury.

The Sirata's nice. What dates? I'm going to be in Maine unti 8/12, then I'm back to work around 8/25.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?