S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 03-01-2013, 02:54 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Also meeting a friend at the farmers market followed by breakfast tomorrow AM. Late birthday celebration.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:42 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000' timestamp='1361960150' post='22367178
Going out looking at kayaks!

Going to be a big change.... from seadoos to kayaks!
Getting old, slowing down? No more need for speed?

Something tells me I'm going to be nursing a cold this weekend.
Add a doc visit to my weekend plans. Woke up with a pink/red eye today. I had that gritty feeling the other day.....

This weekend doesn't look like much fun.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
sigh we'll be bringing rug rat #2 to the train station to go back to school for his last semester. .. . sniff
Old 03-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

from me too. There, there, it'll be okay.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:05 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

If weather cooperates, Sam and I will be making a run down to Marietta on Saturday to scout a few things for the Tomcatt in June.

Too bad neither of us has the S out......
Old 03-01-2013, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
...there's plenty of life here. Some of it a bit debauched, in fact. The Villages has the highest incidence of STDs in the state. When they're not playing golf, they're giving each other the clap. I think it's because the old geezers are taking too many of those little blue "Disney pills". Taking them is apparently like going to Disney, one has to wait an hour for a ride that lasts a minute.
^^

I live in a new 55+ Senior Luxury Apartment complex (w/ private garage) here in SoCal, and there is something going on almost every day of the week (and night...as Dean mentioned above ). The complex is adjacent to a beautiful, quiet neighborhood with large multi and single family homes. We have a private fitness facility (free weights, treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, etc), including a saline pool and spa. Many of the younger residents still work, but we also have some fun peeps who are 90+. They're a hoot! I did a 30-mile bike ride with some friends yesterday, and am doing a (very hilly) hike with a different bunch tomorrow morning. Some of these really kick a$$!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:59 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokes Man
Originally Posted by dean' timestamp='1362071995' post='22370661
...there's plenty of life here. Some of it a bit debauched, in fact. The Villages has the highest incidence of STDs in the state. When they're not playing golf, they're giving each other the clap. I think it's because the old geezers are taking too many of those little blue "Disney pills". Taking them is apparently like going to Disney, one has to wait an hour for a ride that lasts a minute.
^^

I live in a new 55+ Senior Luxury Apartment complex (w/ private garage) here in SoCal, and there is something going on almost every day of the week (and night...as Dean mentioned above ). The complex is adjacent to a beautiful, quiet neighborhood with large multi and single family homes. We have a private fitness facility (free weights, treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes, etc), including a saline pool and spa. Many of the younger residents still work, but we also have some fun peeps who are 90+. They're a hoot! I did a 30-mile bike ride with some friends yesterday, and am doing a (very hilly) hike with a different bunch tomorrow morning. Some of these really kick a$$!
That's that SoCal lifestyle workout. Here, we all drag our ass to the local pub and workout the problems of the world.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:16 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by Spokes Man' timestamp='1362162056' post='22373274
[quote name='dean' timestamp='1362071995' post='22370661']
^^

That's that SoCal lifestyle workout. Here, we all drag our ass to the local pub and workout the problems of the world.
[/quote]
When I get old and can retire like you guys I think I'm going to take up drinking and hang out with Dave at the local pub. I think it will be a lot less strenuous.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:56 PM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04' timestamp='1362167964' post='22373550
[quote name='Spokes Man' timestamp='1362162056' post='22373274']
^^

[/quote]
When I get old and can retire like you guys I think I'm going to take up drinking and hang out with Dave at the local pub. I think it will be a lot less strenuous.
[/quote]
It does help build up upper body strength tipping all those beverages!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04' timestamp='1362167964' post='22373550
[quote name='Spokes Man' timestamp='1362162056' post='22373274']
^^

[/quote]
[/quote]
Lainey, as long as you keep Zumba-ing, you'll never get old. I happen to know that you've become addicted to it so I don't think the "One-Girl-Drink" will ever change.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?