S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 02-28-2013, 06:02 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by Lovetodrive2000
Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='1362055134' post='22370029
We decided a mixed community was better for us and it can get a little depressing living in an older community.
We visited my parents down in The Villages, FL a couple of w/e's ago.

Nice place for them, but I agree.... all you see if OLD people.

Need to hear kids yelling from time to time.
^
Yep. Long ago I lived in a six apartment old tenement type house, common around here. There was a sweet old couple in the front apartment. Loved them! They moved into senior housing and I'd visit them from time to time. They regretted their move. They told me they should have "stayed where there was life." They told me all they saw was ambulances coming and going and all they heard was talk of illness.

My Mom and Dad moved into that same apartment building about 10 years ago. I when they moved in there. It's OK, it suited their needs, but I'm still not all that fond of the place. Two steps above nursing home.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
We decided a mixed community was better for us and it can get a little depressing living in an older community.
Although I hate the traffic and crowds three months out of the year, when I go out to eat it's kind of nice being the youngest and prettiest person in the joint.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='1362055134' post='22370029
Although I hate the traffic and crowds three months out of the year, when I go out to eat it's kind of nice being the youngest and prettiest person in the joint.
Always looking on the bright side, aren't you Dean?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:13 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Last week the town snow plow cracked my mail box post and banged up the mail box. The only thing holding it up was the snow pile around it. I had plans to do a quick, temporary repair until better weather. Early this morning the plow came by and finished the job. Guess this weekend will be spent replacing the whole shebang.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Yep. Long ago I lived in a six apartment old tenement type house, common around here. There was a sweet old couple in the front apartment. Loved them! They moved into senior housing and I'd visit them from time to time. They regretted their move. They told me they should have "stayed where there was life." They told me all they saw was ambulances coming and going and all they heard was talk of illness.
That's not quite the situation here. With a population of one hundred thousand, with well over four hundred clubs and other activities, there's plenty of life here. Some of it a bit debauched, in fact. The Villages has the highest incidence of STDs in the state. When they're not playing golf, they're giving each other the clap. I think it's because the old geezers are taking too many of those little blue "Disney pills". Taking them is apparently like going to Disney, one has to wait an hour for a ride that lasts a minute.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1362063726' post='22370265
That's not quite the situation here. With a population of one hundred thousand, with well over four hundred clubs and other activities, there's plenty of life here. Some of it a bit debauched, in fact. The Villages has the highest incidence of STDs in the state. When they're not playing golf, they're giving each other the clap. I think it's because the old geezers are taking too many of those little blue "Disney pills". Taking them is apparently like going to Disney, one has to wait an hour for a ride that lasts a minute.
Guess your geezers have more energy since their not expending all of their energy trying to keep warm all winter.

Actually, my brother in law (72) and his wife (75) are in an over 55 community in an area around Orlando. They keep very busy with golf, and who knows what else. They love it where they live. My sister in law tells me she can get whatever she needs using her golf cart for transportation.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:38 PM

Received 71 Likes on 46 Posts

giving some thought to trying on a Fiat Abarth The WRX is due for replacement and we still have the BRZ and S2000. The down side is no more AWD for the winter Decisions Decisions

Well got one good bye WRX hello Fiat Abarth
Old 02-28-2013, 09:15 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts

Greetings from Austin, TX. In the immortal words of Mr. Buffett (not Warren), "The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
Old 03-01-2013, 02:33 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

I'm starting the weekend by going to Omaha Steaks for their Doorbusters specials.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:49 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

sigh we'll be bringing rug rat #2 to the train station to go back to school for his last semester. .. . sniff

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?