S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

No firm dates yet...can't reliably say until 10 days out. But normally it's the last week in Mar through the first week in Apr. Who knows? So many variables. The festival this year is Mar 20-Apr 14.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rori is taking her mother on her birthday cruise this weekend, so I'm home alone. It's either going to be a weekend filled with hookers and crack, or a six pack of Polar birch beer and a large anchovy pizza. I'm still mulling it over.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

^^ Dean, we no longer get excited over weekends since after one retires every day is the same. Our weekdays are far more exciting and we go out more during the week as the workers are out on weekends and get in our way. I'd be hardpressed to top such a weekend as you have planned.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Member (Premium)

Well, we now have plans for Sat. Going to some friends' country club for dinner and a comedy show.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by MsPerky
Well, we now have plans for Sat. Going to some friends' country club for dinner and a comedy show.
Great! Sounds like fun. We'll be doing the same ole, same ole, unless something new comes up. We had a great night out last night and had a good time at dinner with our daughter and her bf. They're back on . . . again. He's building her a bookcase/tv stand and she's thrilled. He'd hoped to have it done before her birthday, but work got in the way. She's so excited as she's never had anyone do anything like that for her before. He loves working with wood (reminds me of our precious Doug). Enjoyed interacting with him last night. He seems to have a love of the land and enjoys simple pleasures. That's a whole new world for my daughter as she's always had a love of all things Big City. She's quite moved by the woodworking project. Good for her.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
^^ Dean, we no longer get excited over weekends since after one retires every day is the same. Our weekdays are far more exciting and we go out more during the week as the workers are out on weekends and get in our way. I'd be hardpressed to top such a weekend as you have planned.
I can relate. It's snowbird season here, so it's near impossible to get in a restaurant or movie theater now. They'll all start migrating home in April. In the meantime, I'm sticking close to home.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:00 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

I guess they leave your place and head up this way. We rarely go up to tourist haven (Myrtle Beach) and spend most of our time south of MB throughout the year. I do have to go north when I take the car in and for shopping at Costco. We both hate it. Traveling Hwy 17 is like picking your way through a minefield.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:15 AM
Member (Premium)

A woman in my old office is retiring and she and her hubby are considering moving down to some retirement community (?) near MB. Do you know what she is talking about? I told her I had contacts down there, so she may ask me for them at some point.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:38 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by MsPerky
A woman in my old office is retiring and she and her hubby are considering moving down to some retirement community (?) near MB. Do you know what she is talking about? I told her I had contacts down there, so she may ask me for them at some point.
There are tons of retirement communities down here for folks over 55. There are probably 10-12 within 5 miles of me and goodness knows how many more up toward MB. If you know the community's name, I can tell you if I know anything about it. We have discovered that retirement communities have a lot of activities and social events, BUT all the folks are older so you lose a lot of people constantly to nursing homes or terminal illness. We decided a mixed community was better for us and it can get a little depressing living in an older community.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:16 AM

Received 169 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine
We decided a mixed community was better for us and it can get a little depressing living in an older community.
We visited my parents down in The Villages, FL a couple of w/e's ago.

Nice place for them, but I agree.... all you see if OLD people.

Need to hear kids yelling from time to time.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?