S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 12-23-2012, 04:28 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Family Christmas today with my son, daughter in law and grandchildren. Mom, and a couple siblings and a nephew and company will join in later on.

Santa came through for me. My cousin's daughter in the UK brought a T shirt with the British flag on it for Ally. It was something she asked for (big fan of British band, One Direction) and I hope she is surprised by it.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:50 AM

Member (Premium)

Received 174 Likes on 102 Posts

Merry Christmas Lainey
Old 12-23-2012, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
getting a custom formed Expanded polystyrene (EPS) pan from KBRS with a 4 inch lip.
wedi waterproof panels for the backer board and 3 solid panels of Swanstone Solid Surface.
This sucker will be impervious to water.
Ouch, that isn't going to be cheap. Have you looked at the custom pans from The Onyx Collection? Onyx Collection
They have a variety of stock pans and panels, as well as custom sizes in a fairly wide variety of colors and finishes, so the pans don't require tiling. My master bath requires a custom pan, so I've been looking at this company's samples. They look pretty good to me. But the master bath project is still six to nine months down the road, so I'm going to keep looking at other options.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:12 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

^^ I have that swanstone in the Master bath. It is very nice, but care must be used in the choice of cleaning products.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by PokS2k
Merry Christmas Lainey
Thanks, Jim. Same to you, Elaine and your family.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:32 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
Ouch, that isn't going to be cheap. Have you looked at the custom pans from The Onyx Collection? Onyx Collection
They have a variety of stock pans and panels, as well as custom sizes in a fairly wide variety of colors and finishes, so the pans don't require tiling. My master bath requires a custom pan, so I've been looking at this company's samples. They look pretty good to me. But the master bath project is still six to nine months down the road, so I'm going to keep looking at other options.
I started down this path last year and was looking at a custom pan made from corian.
then I got the first quote back.... that quote alone was more than my current total budget.

The overall budget actually while not cheap, isn't that bad. And since I'm providing the "skilled labor " this should help to keep the cost down.
The down side is I won't have most of my materials delivered while I'm on vacation.
I hope to replace the subfloor, get the pan ordered and in place and maybe the wedi panels installed.
I've got a few details left to plan but this is the CG model from their designer website.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
I started down this path last year and was looking at a custom pan made from corian.
then I got the first quote back.... that quote alone was more than my current total budget.
The material OC uses is very similar to Corian. They quoted me $800 delivered for a custom 32" x 60" pan, which I didn't think was too outrageous. However, the three matching floor-to-ceiling panels were prohibitively expensive, because of the freight charges.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:32 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

What do plumbers charge for copper pans these days? Last time I did a bath I had a plumber make one for about $400.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lainey
Family Christmas today with my son, daughter in law and grandchildren. Mom, and a couple siblings and a nephew and company will join in later on.

Santa came through for me. My cousin's daughter in the UK brought a T shirt with the British flag on it for Ally. It was something she asked for (big fan of British band, One Direction) and I hope she is surprised by it.
She liked the shirt. I bet she is the only one of her friends to get a T shirt directly from the UK for Christmas. Grandma scores, with the help of Santa's helper!

Old 12-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Headed to our traditional Christmas Eve dinner at the Tabard Inn, a lovely place in downtown DC. I finally brought up the decorations last night. Might get around to putting them out today - just in time!

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?