S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 11-15-2012, 01:44 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

My annual pre-Thanksgiving BBQ is Saturday. We have about 15 folks coming down from VA and NC. It'll be fun. We're having barbecued pork, rolls, gr beans, sweet potato casserole, cole slaw, mac&cheese, pineapple/cheese casserole, apple crisp. I'm working on figuring out what kind of cake I'd like to serve for those who don't like apple crisp. If any of you expect to be in the area, pls come on down.
After this bunch leaves we start pulling out the Christmas stuff and the decorating project begins. You can come down and help me with that too.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:36 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Sounds yummy, Val. This is a fairly quiet weekend - then things get busier. I am headed to a post-election talk by Mike Allen of Politico this evening. Should be interesting. Tomorrow we are going to a change of command for the +1's Navy "boss". He is taking over the LCS (ship) program the +1 works on. I'm also giving my official notice of retirement tomorrow. Sat going to the farmers market with a friend, then having breakfast.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I leave Friday evening to fly to Boston and then on to Auburn MA to spend Thanksgiving week with Allen and Lisa (my son and wife). Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:51 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by FLA-Vyk
/>/> I leave Friday evening to fly to Boston and then on to Auburn MA to spend Thanksgiving week with Allen and Lisa (my son and wife). Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.
Enjoy. We have a Friday conflict - eat Mexican at a great new restaurant with long time friends or watch a Turkey-day parade from some other friends downtown apartment. Of course, either way it beats playing, I mean staying, with yourself.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:11 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by boltonblue
So I managed to get on the bike and treadmill both yesterday and today for a little while.

I felt good enough after today's session, i decided to go split some wood,
I have that pile of oak out there from the tree I took down last year.

I was amazed at how tough this stuff was. I was using a 10 lb maul axe to split it.
It was just bouncing off of it, even after I sharpened it again.
I mean I was putting ALL of my not inconsiderable weight behind it and swinging out of my shoes.
boooink nothing, barely a ding.

wet red oak is tough stuff.
^ Love the photo, Jerry.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:48 AM
Member (Premium)

Have to hit the commissary tonight before the hoards descend. This year I'm actually making a T-Day dinner, something I rarely do. But I'm putting my own spin on it. Omaha Steaks has a new product out. It's a chicken roulade with cranberry sage stuffing inside. So I got one of those. I'll make some more stuffing, and have the traditional green bean casserole and some steamed broccoli. And cranberry sauce. Guess I need to start a T-Day thread.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

just might have to go chase a little white ball for a while.

oh and watch F1 />
Old 11-17-2012, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by FLA-Vyk' timestamp='1353009129' post='22153396
/>/>/> I leave Friday evening to fly to Boston and then on to Auburn MA to spend Thanksgiving week with Allen and Lisa (my son and wife). Everyone have a great Thanksgiving.
Enjoy. We have a Friday conflict - eat Mexican at a great new restaurant with long time friends or watch a Turkey-day parade from some other friends downtown apartment. Of course, either way it beats playing, I mean staying, with yourself. />
Arrived in Auburn MA last night about 10:30p. It was a smooth flight from Jacksonville FL to Boston MA. The weather was 34 degrees and the was frost on the pumpkin this morning. It is great being here with Allen and Lisa. I slept in till 0745a this morning; and my son and I were on the road doing grocery shopping by 0930a for several things that I like to eat and the last few things for Thanksgiving. The weather all this week is going to be sunny an 55 during the day. Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Tom R., Jerry (Spokes Man) and I tried to go check out the Model S Tesla today after seeing a red one drive by at breakfast, while we were sitting outside in the warm California sunshine. Drove to the Newport Beach location where I test drove the other model and found Maserati now in the building. I had read about them opening a store in South Coast Plaza but I didn't realize they closed the one on Pacific Coast Highway. Sure enough, I found online that they are now at South Coast Plaza (367 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660). Poop. We drove right by there to get to the other store. Still a fun day hanging out with friends. Now for a little more fun driving the NSX before it gets dark.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Member (Premium)

My real estate friend bought one, but I've not seen it yet. I know he waited quite awhile for it to be delivered (about a year).

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?