S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Aleve is for pain, right? I've never tried that. I'm glad it did the trick for Bea.

I'm supposed to be sleeping so I can get up damn early tomorrow but I figured if I get all warm in the spa I'll fall asleep sooner. It should be about hot enough now.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Lainey, you're up late. I agree that 50 miles is plenty. I don't understand why some people have to push the limits until the enjoyable thing becomes painful. They are just glad it's over. I don't want to do that with something I like.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

I never had much luck with Aleve, prescription strength or otherwise. Glad it helped Bea. I travel with various pain relievers, antihistamines, and a few prescription drugs as well. If anyone needs anything at SF, call me.

Patty it's Friday, my night to go crazy........Actually I'm just about to turn in.

Have fun on your ride tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:02 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Glad you're enjoying your trip Gene in spite of the difficulties. So sad Bea is ill -- and big bummer on the iphone. I understand those are hot items on the black market.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Yeah, sorry for your phone loss, Gene.

I don't have loss insurance on my IPhone, but I do insure the kids' phones. So far it has paid off with some replacements, both for loss and breakage... and swimming pool moisture.

Have fun today! Go Wolfpack!!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by jukngene' timestamp='1351729583' post='22121830
Heading down South tomorrow to attend Homecoming at my alma mater, NC State University, in Raleigh. Friday will be an open house at the School of Engineering, which has been completely moved from when I attended. (I really feel ) Saturday, going to try to make a Cars &Coffee with some S2KCA peeps before the football tailgate, then go to the game and watch the Wolfpack beat Virginia. It has been at least 20 years since I have visited the campus, so I am prepared for some substantial changes, since the school has really grown.
At the last minute, decided to drive the NSX down to Raleigh, so we had an enjoyable trip down. Spent most all day at the School of Engineering, learning about all the neat stuff going on. My degree is in Industrial Engineering, and I was amazed how much the field has changed in the last 45 years. I must say that engineering students are still pretty nerdy (see Big Bang Theory), but the placement rate for fall graduates is almost 100%. The new Dean of the School is fantastic as to his vision of the future. I was also pleased to see that we now rank #8 in the US among all engineering schools.
We also watched the homecoming parade, and unfortunately, it ended for me on a bad note: Somehow I managed to lose my almost new iPhone 4S. I retraced my steps and went back to the sidewalk cafe where we were sitting, but, sadly, no one had turned it in. I also tried calling it to no avail. I did contact AT&T and had the service terminated. It is a small matter compared to the folks who have lost their homes due to Sandy, I know. Now to rebuild my contact list.
Tomorrow I start off early at the local C&C, then on to the homecoming game.

Geeks will always be the ones to get jobs.

Gene, one nice thing about android phones is you keep your contact list on GMail.
New phone just reload the list. Does apple do an equivalent function?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

My daughter's iphone was stolen when she had to get her car towed (she left it on the seat). Thankfully she had insurance and she was able to reboot the new phone with all her contacts, etc. by computer.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='[url="tel:1351950513"
1351950513[/url]' post='22127352]
My daughter's iphone was stolen when she had to get her car towed (she left it on the seat). Thankfully she had insurance and she was able to reboot the new phone with all her contacts, etc. by computer.
Thanks for the info, Val. The phone store will be my first stop when I return home.
And to top off the weekend, my team got slaughtered by the Cavaliers this afternoon. Some homecoming...
Old 11-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='[url="tel:1351950513"
1351950513[/url]' post='22127352]
Thanks for the info, Val. The phone store will be my first stop when I return home.
And to top off the weekend, my team got slaughtered by the Cavaliers this afternoon. Some homecoming...
Jeez Gene, things can only get better for you from here !
BTW if you have an Apple computer you can use ICloud to back up all of the information in your IPhone, and in case of loss it will allow you to download all of the content onto your replacement phone.
Good luck with it. I'll PM you my info if you need to reconstruct the address book.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

mounted the snows today on the wife's car today, I'll do mine tomorrow.
Barb came down and gave me moral support while I did the changeover.
It reminded me of many years past when she'd come out to be with me while I worked on the cars.

I did note that last weekend Lewis Hamilton had all four tires changed AND his steering wheel to boot in 3.3 seconds.

we were just a little bit slower....
by close to a factor of one thousand times slower.

and i didn't change the steering wheel either.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?