S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 10-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 825 Likes on 489 Posts

Happy travels Morris. Hope you enjoy your visit with Flts & his +1. I'm sure it'll be fun to meet up!

+1 is having some probs with swelling in his feet/legs. We feel it is due to a medication change. However, ours will be a quiet weekend as he needs to keep his feet elevated. Tomorrow we'll be making the physician rounds.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,538 Likes on 1,914 Posts

I took the NSX to Cars and Coffee yesterday and it drizzled. Oh, well. Means I'll just have to caress it all over again to shiny it up. I enjoyed talking to a pretty 28 year-old tattooed woman, who knew all about NSXs and S2000s. She is putting herself through college for her second degree since the first one didn't do her much good with jobs. Went to Pacific Whey for breakfast afterwards, with Tom, Kent, Hoa and Dave. I always look forward to hanging out with the guys on Saturday morning. It's a ritual and they are my friends. It does my good. I'm spent yesterday breaking into laughter thinking about one thing Kent said, and how red he turned afterwards.

I rode my ElliptiGO from about 3 to 6PM, after that, and think I'll get out there again, today, and do it. It's cloudy, and it rained last night but it looks good for a cool ride.

I've decided to add Tuesday morning to my volunteer schedule in addition to Friday morning. It's a different job, with the title concierge but I've been doing it for a couple months now, just to help out while doing the surgery waiting room job from the front lobby while the waiting room is remodeled. It's just walking people to where they need to go in the maze of hallways. The silliest thing is, if the address of the medical building was accurate, the job wouldn't be needed. There's a medical center building, down a long connecting hallway, next door to the hospital that people are always trying to find. The entrance to the building is 90* off of the street the address is on. It's no wonder no one can ever find it. Who's bonehead stunt was that?
Old 10-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,971 Likes on 1,757 Posts

Val - good luck with the doc visit.

Weekend was quiet as expected. Next weekend gets busier, then the following one we head to Phoenix for a few days. It was supposed to be for my nephew's wedding, but it was called off. We are going anyway.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 1,103 Likes on 699 Posts

So Patty are you going to share what Kent said?

Xylie will be at home with the dog/house sitter. We can't take her to the kennel anymore, too difficult for her at her age. We found two ladies that will come stay with her and also keep an eye out for things. And while the car is at the shop, they put it inside at night. Should be fine.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:28 PM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Safe travels to those traveling. Val I hope a medication change has Jim back up on his feet soon.

Patty, do you exercise every day? I have no class on Friday or Sunday and I've no time anyway, too much to do, too little weekend. Today I did a good clean in the kitchen, windows, fresh valances, wiped down cabinets, etc. After a few hours of that I'd had enough. Rick was busy putting the garden to bed. We had a quick lunch and headed out in the S to leaf peep and . It was beautiful out there. Top down days will be getting few and far between.

Busy weekend coming up. Kids, a gathering on Saturday evening to attend, and hanging with S2000 folks on Sunday at Legal Bill's, cars and football!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Helping a friend split wood tomorrow.
Yesterday (Saturday), started with this:

My buddies and the home-made log splitter we used: (By the way, they are wusses. I was in shorts and a short-sleeved polo shirt, and was completely comfortable!)

Ended up with this: (We figured between 2 and 2 1/2 cords of split wood. The picture is misleading, as there are two rows of stacked wood, about 24 feet long)

Took us the better part of 6 hours, including a lunch break. I am still sore, since my job was loading the wood onto the splitter, and there were some big pieces!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:04 PM

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,863 Posts

Bet you'll be sore for a few days. That's a lot of wood! Nice, neat job!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Bet you'll be sore for a few days. That's a lot of wood! Nice, neat job!
Tylenol and booze work wonders! Feeling better every hour!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,538 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris
So Patty are you going to share what Kent said?
^Nope. Dean, you'd have to know Kent's personality for it to be funny to you.

Originally Posted by Lainey
Patty, do you exercise every day?
^Nope. My goal is 33.5 miles on the ElliptiGO, three days each week and my home gym weights, two days a week. I usually get it all in unless I'm off to Kennedy or someplace during the week.

Gene, nice wood stacks! Where did the wood come from to begin with? What does your friend use it for? Is it to have a nice fire in the fireplace or to actually heat the house? Does it get snowed on? Will he cover it? Booze does work well on pain.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,037 Likes on 2,682 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Does it get snowed on?
See that's the best part... You get to slog out through the snow to drag in some wood for the fire.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?