S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 10-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 625 Likes on 377 Posts

Ha Ha And if you did -- the moonshiners and bootleggers would come to the rescue!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:40 AM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

One thing that you notice quickly when you attend these bourbon tours, is quality. The tastings always begin with their "bottom" shelf whiskey and then you work up to the good stuff. Once you taste the "top shelf" bourbon, you'll never go back to the entry level booze. So drinking "white lightning" would be tough on the palate.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I take my sweet time when I go someplace. No man to push me to hurry, so I left home at 1:15PM to go to my place at Kennedy Meadows for a couple of nights, with plans to sleep outside in the dirt, again. The weather is perfect for a campfire, a warm sleeping bag, and with the waning moon, I expect lots of stars and a strong Milky Way.
So, did one of your slippers go mysteriously missing again? Or did you not sleep outside in the dirt?
Old 10-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1349757025' post='22068693
I take my sweet time when I go someplace. No man to push me to hurry, so I left home at 1:15PM to go to my place at Kennedy Meadows for a couple of nights, with plans to sleep outside in the dirt, again. The weather is perfect for a campfire, a warm sleeping bag, and with the waning moon, I expect lots of stars and a strong Milky Way.
So, did one of your slippers go mysteriously missing again? Or did you not sleep outside in the dirt?
I slept outside but on the deck this time, on Tuesday night. It got down to 28*F and I had frost on my stuff. I decided to sleep inside the trailer on Wednesday with the heater set on 52*. No slipper disappeared this time.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene' timestamp='1350049416' post='22077528
[quote name='Kyras' timestamp='1349757025' post='22068693']
I slept outside but on the deck this time, on Tuesday night. It got down to 28*F and I had frost on my stuff. I decided to sleep inside the trailer on Wednesday with the heater set on 52*. No slipper disappeared this time.
[/quote]

I like to be cool when I sleep but those temps are a bit too chilly for me. Even 52 degrees in the trailer would be too cool. Glad you are enjoying Kennedy Meadows this time of year. How cold does it get up there in the winter? Do you still head that way?
Old 10-12-2012, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Friday afternoon off so when I get home I want to start some yard work. With all the rain we have been through the yard is a mess. Then I have a British Car Show in St Augustine on Saturday. Sunday will be painting the deck. The weathermen say that we will have a great weekend with low humiity and no rain, we will see. Everyone have a great weekend.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,683 Posts

I slept outside but on the deck this time, on Tuesday night. It got down to 28*F and I had frost on my stuff.
oooh i hate that....
Old 10-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by boltonblue
Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1350050275' post='22077553

I slept outside but on the deck this time, on Tuesday night. It got down to 28*F and I had frost on my stuff.
oooh i hate that....
Old 10-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Lainey
I like to be cool when I sleep but those temps are a bit too chilly for me. Even 52 degrees in the trailer would be too cool. Glad you are enjoying Kennedy Meadows this time of year. How cold does it get up there in the winter? Do you still head that way?
It gets close to 0*F but I don't think it goes under 0. I've been there in December when it was 4*F. I used to go there in the winter when I was married in Andy's 4X4 diesel truck but I'm chicken now. Things have been going well though, the last couple times so I may go up once more this year, before it gets really cold. I have a warm blanket and comforter on the bed so I run the heater at 52* so I don't use up too much of the propane at night. I warm it up once I get up.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1350050483' post='22077568
It gets close to 0*F but I don't think it goes under 0. I've been there in December when it was 4*F. I used to go there in the winter when I was married in Andy's 4X4 diesel truck but I'm chicken now. Things have been going well though, the last couple times so I may go up once more this year, before it gets really cold. I have a warm blanket and comforter on the bed so I run the heater at 52* so I don't use up too much of the propane at night. I warm it up once I get up.
Be careful if you head up there in the winter. Is there anyone else around?

Weekend not starting out great. Doc appointment and cat puke on our bed....My cold seems to have traveled to my lungs, so I decided to see the doc before it got bad. Got the usual breathing treatment and meds. Rick came home to the cat puke on the bed. He tossed the comforter in the washing machine, and it's really too big for our washer. The comforter sustained some minor injuries, but it's clean.

Tomorrow will be a better day. I hope to sleep in and get a little extra rest and enjoy our weekend plans.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?