S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Part of the weekend will be spent as my vacation is at an end.

I went to a very fun Zumba class this AM and we did a little practice for a flash dance we're going to do next weekend, and no, no one will be flashing!

Company coming tonight. Yard is ready, food is ready. Let the good times roll!
Very cool, Lainey! Will there be video? I wanna watch!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:30 AM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1344102422' post='21913014
Part of the weekend will be spent as my vacation is at an end.

I went to a very fun Zumba class this AM and we did a little practice for a flash dance we're going to do next weekend, and no, no one will be flashing!

Company coming tonight. Yard is ready, food is ready. Let the good times roll!
Very cool, Lainey! Will there be video? I wanna watch!
I'm sure there will be. My local class taped a song or three recently. I may have a link to share. Sometimes it's like "old lady line dancing" other times more upbeat and "hip." I'll look around to see what I can share.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:13 PM

Friday evening is my "dance recital"/flash dance with my Zumba pals I can't believe I'm doing this. There will be a group milling about for another event and we're supposed to surprise them. We've had a couple of rehearsals and though we certainly aren't the Rockettes, we do have fun. Our group is women of all ages, sizes, shapes. Hoping we have a good turn out, weather is iffy.

I'm also back on grandkid duty. I've missed them. I think we'll do a little back to school shopping and some lunch.

Saturday night is open.

Granny, how was the Vineyard?????
Old 08-08-2012, 05:26 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Birthday party for our MGA club. It turns 36 this Sat. As chairman I have to work my butt off for this one..... everything from awards to auctioneering, etc.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,972 Likes on 1,758 Posts

Busy weekend. My sis and her hubby and my niece and her hubby come for a few days. Next week will be the first anniversary of my dad's death, so we will visit the cemetery on Sun with my mother. Mon the +1's kids show up. They'll be here until Wed, when they all head up to Grandma's in NJ for a week and a half.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Birthday party for our MGA club. It turns 36 this Sat. As chairman I have to work my butt off for this one..... everything from awards to auctioneering, etc.
Have fun! I'm sure there will be a beer or two available, if you become parched from all the hard work.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:30 AM

Received 248 Likes on 177 Posts

Not the weekend, but we are doing a night drive tonight up in the mountains on back roads. Take off about 9pm and get back home around 3:30am, we like our night drives- No Traffic, No People on Bikes just deer, bears and other things that go bump in the night. It's fun to just park your car in the middle of the road, turn everything off and listen to all the sounds out in the woods(gets a little spooky after a while). Here is map of the route that we're taking.
http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Fr...a=4,7&t=m&z=10

We are going to a S2000 meet in S.F. on Sunday so we are doing something this weekend to.

ROD
Old 08-10-2012, 11:44 AM

Unless things change in the next hour or so, it looks like the first event of the weekend, the surprise flash dance thing won't happen. The rains have come in and the radar shows a wall of water heading our way.

Not sure of a rain date, but I think participation will decline if rescheduled.

Oh well, the lawn needs water.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:57 AM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Unless things change in the next hour or so, it looks like the first event of the weekend, the surprise flash dance thing won't happen. The rains have come in and the radar shows a wall of water heading our way.

In the last 3 months our total rainfall has been 1-1/4" according to a neighbor who measures it. Thankfully (and about time) we have gotten nearly double that as it has been raining non-stop for almost 48 hours with a 30-40% chance of more tomorrow for our car meet. Unlike, the wonderful S2000 top, once I decide to put the top up in the MG I generally leave it up for the day since it truly is a hassle, especially now that I have 3-point belts to deal with. But that's ok as I am really tired of watering the lawn.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by dlq04
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1344627856' post='21927923

In the last 3 months our total rainfall has been 1-1/4" according to a neighbor who measures it. Thankfully (and about time) we have gotten nearly double that as it has been raining non-stop for almost 48 hours with a 30-40% chance of more tomorrow for our car meet. Unlike, the wonderful S2000 top, once I decide to put the top up in the MG I generally leave it up for the day since it truly is a hassle, especially now that I have 3-point belts to deal with. But that's ok as I am really tired of watering the lawn.
Hope your event is not a wash out tomorrow.

My little event was postponed until Sunday. We've even had tornado warnings, which is VERY unusual here.

Rick gave up watering the lawn on a regular basis. The flowers and veggies get the water. Water is $$$$$$$$$ in our town. Gotta save some $$ for beer.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?