S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

What are you doing this coming weekend?

Old 07-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,669 Likes on 860 Posts

Originally Posted by Lainey
Not much going on this weekend. The grandkids were here today. Rick went through the trouble of setting up the pool they had so much fun in last weekend, and additional canopy for shade, and then the threat of thunderstorms kept us inside. The storms missed us, but it was STEAMY out and both kids were happier in the AC. They just don't make kids like they used to. Truth be told, I was happier inside too, though I hate wasting a summer day.

Heading out in a while to meet up with some friends for dinner.

Tomorrow I hope to get over to a local park that is hosting the moving Vietnam Memorial Wall.
Lainey, if you go to the wall, please pay respects to a fellow classmate and helicopter pilot friend of mine, David Burch, whose name is on the wall at Panel 45W - Line 31.

Edit: I just found some nice tributes to David on this page.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:02 PM

Received 521 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Lainey, if you go to the wall, please pay respects to a fellow classmate and helicopter pilot friend of mine, David Burch, whose name is on the wall at Panel 45W - Line 31.

The last tribute (especially) speaks to what a giving and kind person he was IMHO.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 5,800 Likes on 3,419 Posts

Going to a national meet for MGAs on Monday. I had some concerns about my front brakes after spotting the piston placements did not match up to the manual. So I've been in the garage all week rebuilding the calipers. It's been mid-90s to 100 degrees every day....... way too hot for doing this. But it's done. In hindsight, after talking to a person who worked for several brake companies, and has rebuilt numerous MGA brakes, I guess I didn't have to do it at all. I did it the way the workshop manual says to do it but he claims the changes I made were not necessary. In any case, we are hoping for cooler weather for our weeklong event. Boy if only it had AC! You guys are so lucky.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,539 Likes on 1,915 Posts

I went to Cars and Coffee this morning and then to breakfast with five other car friends. Came home and rode the ElliptiGO 33.6 miles. It was 82* for today's high. I'm so glad we aren't sweltering like so much of the country although the temps will be rising to the high 80s.

I was considering joining a roadster group drive, tomorrow, out of San Diego, that was posted by an NSX owner on NSXPrime. I thought I'd drive my S2000. I called the point of contact and he wasn't too keen on it. I won't go. Evidently he wasn't aware that the meet was posted on NSXPrime. That's why I called him. We have a guy on Prime who has posted on S2ki inviting S2000 owners to the monthly NSX meet, without getting permission or approval from the Acura dealership who sponsors it. Well, good news is I'll sleep in tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:55 PM

Received 3,220 Likes on 1,864 Posts

Originally Posted by jukngene
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1341694297' post='21841484
Not much going on this weekend. The grandkids were here today. Rick went through the trouble of setting up the pool they had so much fun in last weekend, and additional canopy for shade, and then the threat of thunderstorms kept us inside. The storms missed us, but it was STEAMY out and both kids were happier in the AC. They just don't make kids like they used to. Truth be told, I was happier inside too, though I hate wasting a summer day.

Tomorrow I hope to get over to a local park that is hosting the moving Vietnam Memorial Wall.

Will do! Making note of the info, Gene.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by jukngene' timestamp='1341695583' post='21841524
[quote name='Lainey' timestamp='1341694297' post='21841484']

Will do! Making note of the info, Gene.
[/quote]

Gene, I went this morning. I was moved to tears by that memorial. It is an amazing tribute even in 1/2 size. I took some pictures and will share them later.

Thanks to you, and all of my Vintage pals who served in that war.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:28 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Lainey, I was in your neck of the woods yesterday and was keeping an eye out for a blue S2k! We went down to Pandanaram village in Dartmouth and then out to eat in Fairhaven.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by robb
Lainey, I was in your neck of the woods yesterday and was keeping an eye out for a blue S2k! We went down to Pandanaram village in Dartmouth and then out to eat in Fairhaven.
Gee Rob! You should have called. We would have tossed some burgers on the grill and had you come over. You were sooooooooo close to my house. Where did you eat in Fairhaven?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:34 AM

Received 4,289 Likes on 3,332 Posts

Originally Posted by robb' timestamp='1341833291' post='21844345
Gee Rob! You should have called. We would have tossed some burgers on the grill and had you come over. You were sooooooooo close to my house. Where did you eat in Fairhaven?
I would of if I knew ahead of time but it was a spur of the moment type thing my parents had family visiting so I ended up coming down at the last minute but we did keep an eye out for you guys when we were riding around. We ate at Mikes in Fairhaven. We were going to eat at Oxford creamery outside on the picnic tables but it was too hot for some in our group to eat outside.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by robb
Originally Posted by Lainey' timestamp='1341837023' post='21844432
[quote name='robb' timestamp='1341833291' post='21844345']
I would of if I knew ahead of time but it was a spur of the moment type thing my parents had family visiting so I ended up coming down at the last minute but we did keep an eye out for you guys when we were riding around. We ate at Mikes in Fairhaven. We were going to eat at Oxford creamery outside on the picnic tables but it was too hot for some in our group to eat outside.
[/quote]
Mike's is a long time favorite with the locals. Padanaram is always nice to drive through. We actually headed in another direction yesterday, but I was pretty darn hot! We were back home around 3:30 ish.

Quick Reply: What are you doing this coming weekend?